Chapter 28

You twisted your way through the blasts of fire that were sent hurtling towards you from the demon who stood nearly twenty feet away from you. You gritted your teeth, one having burnt your only good arm. Bastard.... You thought. You reached for the knife you had by your side, but it was gone. You gripped the place where it was supposed to be, but you only grabbed air.

"Looking for this...?" Zalgo laughed slightly, twirling a knife in his hand. He threw it behind him, too far for you to get.

You bit your cheek and your eyes glared at Zalgo in anger. "Come on, fight me. Let's see what my little girl can do..." He smirked, clenching his fists. He unleashed the red flames of his hellish wings that would haunt someone's memories forever. You stared at him, eye in eye.

He lunged towards you, a sharp sword appearing in his hand as if it had materialized from thin air. You jumped back, kicking the sword by his hands and picked up a loose rock, throwing it at him. It hit the vessel's forehead, causing it to bleed down a bit.

"Can't even throw a rock right... You are such a fucking disappointment... You waste of demon blood!" Zalgo spat and kicked the rock off the walkway, thrusting the sword in your direction. You dodged it again, and again, and again as he kept slashing at you.

He stopped slashing and brought his sword back, panting a bit. His eyes were filled with anger and rage. You stated back, stepping away a couple steps. The red light illuminating behind him from his wings seemed to subside, as you narrowed your eyes. He smiled maniacally. You whipped your head around and saw him behind you, the sword a foot above your head.

You could've flown away. You could've at least dodged, but instead you probably did the stupidest thing that you could have done at that time to prevent your death.

You held the top of the sword's staff and prevented it from hitting your head. Zalgo pushed down, the sword slowly going towards you. You clenched your teeth and ducked a bit, pushing harder against the force Zalgo was emitting. You couldn't hold it much longer, as you let go and flew off to the side. You were slammed against a cage, slightly burning your wings.

"(Y/N... (Y/N)?" Jane muttered. She woke up slowly in the cell. You didn't hear her. She saw your wings' feathers singeing from the hot bars. You shot after Zalgo, grabbing for your sword again. He kicked it to the side, causing you to collide with the path. He raised his foot and stomped on your back, forcing the wind out of you.

"(Y/N)!" Jane called weakly. You looked towards her, your vision slightly blurring. She stepped forward, in attempt to stick her arm out of the cell, but Zalgo snapped his fingers, and Jane stopped.

Your eyes widened as Zalgo's smirk grew wider. Your eyes stayed on Jane as she fell to her knees, her arms falling to her sides. Her eyes were draining. She was...

It had happened too fast. She had vanished too fast. Her arms were limp by her sides, but her eyes were still filled with horror and fright. Was she still...?

You pushed yourself up and wobbled a bit on your feet. You straightened your wings until they made an unnatural 'pop'. "That didn't sound comfortable..." Zalgo smirked. You chuckled softly, rolling your shoulders back. You tilted your neck both ways, cracking it slightly. "I hope you brought something to fight with," you said. "Because I will kill you." You stared up at him, your eyes glowing red. He stared for a moment, before grinning. "Try."

You shook your head. "You shouldn't challenge me."

A blade slipped out of your sleeve as you grasped it and swung at Zalgo, him dodging it by inches. You had somewhat caught him off guard. You pressed your feet into the ground and charged after him again, stabbing at him but only getting the air that replaced the spot once again.