Rogue

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1!

The crowd cheered as the southern gate opened and out strolled the defending champion, the merciless Zeldon Rousse. His cape swayed in the wind behind him and his armor shone as the light struck it.

He stood, ready for battle was the northern gate rolled slowly open. The crowd cheered louder, anxious to see who their favorite warrior was going to kill today.

A group of the Purpose swarmed out instead. The crowd fell into a hushed silence as they positioned themselves around the walls of the arena. A few of the Royal guards filed out of the gate after them. When they were someways into the arena, they stopped and spread out their formation, revealing Rousse's opponent.

A little girl stood there. At least, Rousse assumed it was a girl since the child had long hair. She was shrouded in a black cloak that covered her body. Her face was covered with a beautifully carved white mask. Her arms were shackled in front of her and Rousse could faintly see the glimmer of a silver collar around the girl's small neck.

Rousse laughed. "Now, now, my loyalty is forever to my Royals, but I can't kill a...a little girl! She can't be older than six!"

"Four," one of the guards replied.

A collective gasp swept through the crowd. A four year old girl?

A guard in the back moved forward and gave the girl a little kick so she would start moving. She walked slowly towards Rousse, almost pitifully, with her head low.

Rousse knelt down and stroked the girl's black hair. "It's okay, little one. I will not hurt you." Louder, he said, "I will not harm this child!"

The guards chuckled. "It's not the girl you should be worried about."

Rousse ignored them and smiled at the girl. "Tell me, what is your name, little one?"

The girl looked up at the man. Rousse froze. There were slits in the mask where she could see out of and he could see her eyes. Her eyes were a insane bright color of green and they literally glowed.

She was one of them.

Rousse swallowed thickly and started to back up. The little girl sniffled and little tears came out of her eyes, running down the mask. Rousse didn't understand. Her body looked human except for the eyes, much different than what was normal for Zeroes. Her face must be something horrific then. Yes, that must be her Zero trait. That was probably also the reason they had the mask on the child.

The girl stepped forward again and reached out her tiny hands to Rousse. "Please...I don't want to go back..." she pleaded. Her voice was muffled from the obstruction of the mask but it sounded nearly angelic.

Rousse looked heartbroken. He crouched down and grabbed the little girl's hand, petting it soothingly. If she was a pet of the Royals, chances are she would never see anything outside of the palace. "It's going to be...okay..."

The crowd watched as Rousse crumpled to the ground and lay unmoving. The guards laughed and one of them took ahold of the girl's shoulder, roughly dragging her back to the northern gate.