Ch.4 - Party Plans

School was finally over and I got into the car. Steve drove past our house and I was a bit confused.

Y/N: "Uh Steve, where are we going?"

Steven: "We are heading to the mall. Didn't Renee tell you that this morning?"

Oh yeah! Renee did say that this morning when I was in the bathroom staring into the mirror, lost in thought.

Arriving at the mall we head into a very popular store just full of ball gowns. I wanted the perfect one, one that looks terrific on me.

So many colors and so many styles. This may take a while.
(2 hours later)

I finally picked out a dress that I think suits me well. It was black and blue, strapless, slim fitting at the top then it flowed out at the waist. I felt like Cinderella so I knew that this dress was the one. After buying the dress I got a mask to go with it to hide my identity since it was a costume party.

Once Steve took me home I was immediately bombarded with questions from my parents.

Mom: "You got a dress, let me see it?"
Dad: "Do you have a date yet? For this dance?"

Y/N: "Mom, Dad I just got home and I have some homework to do."

Mom: "Wait, before you go we have something to talk about."

I watched as mom and dad head nodded and then motioned me to sit down on the couch.

Dad: *clears throat* "Well Y/N your mother and I have finally finished the details for the party. It will be Friday night. (Today is Wednesday) we want you to invite all of your friends but we also want you to have a date. So we decided to pick a nice handsome boy out that would suit you perfectly. You're mother and I approve of him and who knows maybe you and this guy might 'hit it off' and actually date."

Y/N: "WHAT? Who is he? What's his name?"

Mom: "His name is Erwin Smith, I think he goes to your school."

Oh no, no no no not Erwin. He's scary and goes after all of the popular girls. He's probably just using me for my families money. Ugh! He's even Levi's friend, what if Levi hears about this? Damn it!

I stood up without saying a word and rushed upstairs to my room quickly. I threw my dress down on a chair and plopped on my bed pulling out my phone. I have got to find me a date before my parents tell Erwin that I'll go with him. Scrolling through my contacts I spotted Levi's. 'Should I? No no, I shouldn't. But what if he says yes? He has a girlfriend, why would he say yes.' Ugh I'll just text him, I'll do it.

[Messages]
Me: "Hey Levi sorry to bother you but my family is having a masquerade ball Friday night and I was wondering if you would want to go with me... As friends of course."
Levi: Typing

Levi's POV:
"Of course I wanted to go with Y/N to her party but that would be bad news. I can't have her finding out that I'm am Ackerman. Tch, but I don't want to see her going with somebody else. It's a costume party, I could just dress up but then again if I go with her then her parents would want to meet me. What should I reply with?"

[Messages]
Levi: "I don't think that I'll be able to make it. Sorry :/"

Me: "Awe man, that's okay I guess. The invitation is still open if you change your mind."

Levi: "Duly noted."

Your POV:
I cleared my app history then laid on my bed. 'What am I going to do? I don't want to go with Erwin, that's gross.' My mind scattered until it was dinner time. Sitting down at the dinner table my parents just kept going on and on about the party and Erwin.

Dad: "So Y/N have you found a date yet to the dance?"

Y/N: "uh... *sigh* no"

Mom: "GREAT, Then you'll have no choice but to go with Erwin Smith. He's a nice boy Y/N, I don't know why you don't like him..."

Y/N: "Ugh fine I'll go with.... Eh Erwin Smith but I WILL NOT DATE HIM."

Mom: "Oh you'll change your mind" she says under her breath

Y/N: "What?"

Mom: "What? Nothing just finish your dinner"