Chapter 18: An undercover Ninja in a Wolf suit.

A/N at the end of every chapter. Please read. x 

[Also, the summary of my new werewolf story down below! x]

---Scroll down to continue---

Chapter 18: An undercover Ninja in a Wolf suit.

-Clinton's POV-

  I suppose it would be a little too harsh to admit that I was eavesdropping.

  But in other words, yes, I heard every single detail of the St Claire family conversation.

  And it took all of my will power not to storm into the room, take Daire up into my arms, curl her up in my warmth and whisper in her ear that I was going to take away the obvious pain that she was currently feeling.

  I honestly didn't think she'd appreciate having me hear such a private conversation though.

  'We are her mates; we deserve to know whatever that has and is happening in her life,’ My Wolf spoke in my head, his snout strutting high in arrogance.

  'Yeah,' I thought bitterly, 'Rejected mates. Emphasize on the 'R' word.'

  ‘I wonder whose fault is that,’ my Wolf roared humourlessly in my head.

  'Damned mutt,' I growled.

  Obviously, he had already blocked me out by the time I said that.

  'Hey, arrogant wolf,' I thought, reluctantly calling my inner self back.

  'Yes, annoying human?'

  I narrowed my eyes but held back a retort.

  'Is Daire's Wolf calling for us?'

  I could tell that my words caught him by surprise, for he was silent for a few seconds. Finally, he growled quietly at the back of my head.

  'That is a ridiculous question,' He sighed, 'Of course she is - whether Daire herself likes it or not; we are her mates. She belongs to you as much as her Wolf belongs to me. It may have been easier for her to resist the bond a few days ago because she was a human. But now that she has finally phased, she shares her heart with her Wolf. She cannot decide alone who she wants to be with. It would be as painful as fighting her own will to ignore our presence.'

  His words made sense. But I couldn't help but shake the insecurity of my shoulders as I leaned tiredly against the wall and stared at the ceiling.

   ‘But she's the White Lycan,' I pointed out, 'How would you know if the bond is still the same?'

  'For a human that shares the same body as me,' my Wolf yipped with laughter, 'You can be an absolute fool.'

  I narrowed my eyes again, 'And what exactly is that supposed to mean?'

  'Silly, silly human,' my Wolf repeated. I could’ve sworn that he would’ve rolled his eyes if he could.

  'If anything, the bond is going to be a hell lot stronger.'

  As cheesy as it sounded, my heart fluttered with sincere hope at his words.

  I was done denying it. Daire was my mate; the only mate that I’d ever have. Even if a Wolf could have more than one mate in their lives, I was positive that I’d never choose anybody else over her. To say the least, how could I? She wasn’t perfect, I knew that. Her father – I could tell – didn’t trust me with his daughter. And Drake despised my guts for hurting his sister the first time we met. Also, she was the legendary White Shifter – Destined to stop or either begin some blood-lusting war against a variety of species.