Chapter 8: Are there any werewolves in Narnia?

Hello peeps (: New chapter of IDY x 

I think this chapter is considerably longer. It has 10 pages in word so yeah haha.

Check out One Frustration, my other novel, if you'd like x 

Hope you enjoy IDY so far, and please support if you want me to continue it.

Picture of Vicky at the side >>>

Vote, Comment and Fan if you don't mind!

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter 8: Are there werewolves in Narnia?

-Daire’s POV-

  “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Sophia asked for the 5th time that morning, “Because I swear, I never would’ve thought that-”

  I sighed and cut my blathering best friend from her series of assuring.

  “Sophia, for the hundredth time. I’m completely okay with you and Neil being mates! What type of friend do you think I am? That I’d hate you for having a mate?”

  Sophia looked startled for a second before her gaze softened.

  “Yeah, but it’s the best friend of the mate that you rejected, Daire.”

  My face remained collected, but inside it felt like I had just gotten stabbed with the hard truth. Sophia instantly realized my stiff expression and launched into the entire thing straight again.

  “Oh my gosh, Daire! I’m so sorry. God I feel like such an insensitive jerk! I can’t believe Neil still wants to be my mate. I mean, I’m such a witch! I’m so sor-”

  My sudden laughter made her stop short.

  “Sophia,” I choked through my giggles, “Seriously. Just stop talking.”

  Sophia looked weary for a second but remained silent.

  “Listen, Sop, you’re my best friend. I wouldn’t keep you away from your mate even if I could. And yes, unfortunately he’s the buddy of the mate that I did so reject,” A slight twitch of my eye there, “But all because they’re close doesn’t mean they’re the same completely. Neil seems like a generally good person, Sop, I can see that. He’ll make the perfect mate for you, so stop thinking of me as an obstacle that you have to fight through. If anything, I’m happy for you guys. Really,” I finished, looking at her with a sincere, warm smile.

  Sophia stared at me for a few, ticking seconds.

  “Daire, you are the absolute best friend any girl could ever ask for!”

 Before I knew it, her arms were squashing me into the tightest bear hug.

  Or should I say wolf hug. Get it? Get it?

  Yeah. Just ignore my little jibe there. I’m hilarious. I know.

  “Sophia,” I wheezed out between breaths, “Wolf.. Strength, c.. can’t, breathe..”

  Instantly, the force pushing my shoulders together vanished. I looked up to see Sophia smiling sheepishly down at me, though the grateful tint in her blue eyes never faded.

  “Sorry, I really need to stop doing that,” She chuckled prettily, “But really, thank you so much! You really are an amazing person, Daire. You deserve a mate that appreciates you for how good you are. Don’t like anybody tell you elsewhere.”