➵12

Jade

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"To eat." He chuckled.

Iris entered the dining room and she smiled at the sight of our father.

"Hey Princess." He said, kissing her forehead.

"Hey Ma, Jacob." She pulled her mother and brother both in for an embrace, then looked at Manny and I who were now standing up.

"So, Iris is my sister?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" She said.

"Listen, can we discuss this some other time?" My dad added.

"No." I snapped. "We're gonna discuss this right fucking now. You've never even acknowledged me as child, but you can take care of these two? You've blocked me out of your life for God knows how many years. You've missed birthdays, holidays- shit, I was lucky if I even got a fucking phone call." I chuckled bitterly, then looked to Chris. "And you.. Does it feel good to know that you had sex with your sister-in-law? You're a poor excuse for a man, you and my father— oh wait I'm sorry, Joseph." I swung my purse back over my shoulder and proceeded to the front door. I heard the footsteps of Manny following behind me.

When I got to the car, I didn't even start it. I sat there and stared out of the windshield. I didn't even acknowledge Manny when he got into the passenger's seat.

A silent tear dripped down my cheek, and it was at this very moment when I felt my heart shattering into a million pieces. I felt myself becoming vulnerable by the second, a mental breakdown was bound to happen.

"Jade." Manny said after minutes of silence. I didn't say a word. Instead, I put my face in my hands and began crying.

When a female cries, it's usually not over one thing, it's over things that were building up—unless she's on her period.

"Jade please don't cry." He said.

"Nobody loves me." I said, finally looking at him with tears pouring down my face.

I felt a little dejá vu, this happened before. With Chris.

"Jade you know I love you, you need to stop crying man you fucking up your makeup you know I got OCD." Manny said.

I forgot all about the pain I was just feeling and bursted out into laughter.

"Speaking about fucking up, you staying out of trouble Emannuel?" I asked seriously.

He sighed heavily.

While Manny was getting his GED, he was also running the streets getting in trouble with the law, and not to mention his gang affiliation.

"I'm doing fine. If I was in trouble I would tell you, and you know 'dat." He touched my hand.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you lying to me?"

"Jade." He smacked his teeth.

"Okay, okay." I chuckled, putting my hands up in defense.

"Can we go though? We been sittin' in front of this nigga house for like 15 minutes."

I chuckled and put the key ignition, pulling off.

As I drove, I kept feeling Manny's eyes on me. He would look at me for a couple of seconds, then look away. He kept doing it.

"What is it?" I asked finally, glancing at him.

"I can't admire your beauty?"

I felt my cheeks getting hot, I smiled as I kept my eyes on the road.

He caressed my thigh with his left hand, I didn't bother pushing him away. Why would I?

In the corner of my eye I could just see the bulge forming in his pants, he had no shame and didn't even make an effort to cover it up.

"You want me to drop you h-home or you coming to m-my house?" I tried to speak as fluently as possible, but it was hard when a sexy man has his hand on your upper thigh.

"Your house." He said.

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY 😩😩😩💦💦💦