➵11

Jade

     "You're in what?" I asked in complete shock

"Love Jade. L-o-v-e."

"What? Since when? And why?"

"Since, I don't know when... I don't expect you to feel the same way, I just had to get it off my chest. I'm selfish and I'm sorry for that. Now you probably gonna feel like you can't talk to me about anything.. I shouldn—"

I kissed him midsentence. I can't say I'm in love with Manny, because I'm not. But I like him, and the way Chris is acting... The future is not looking so bright for him.

"What does that mean?" He asked after we pulled away from eachother.

"I like you Manny. As a matter of fact, you wanna come to the dinner with me this weekend? As my plus 1, you know." I smiled.

He raised an eyebrow. "Um... Are you sure? I mean Ch—"

"Forget him, he lied to me."

"Jade ion know, ain't that nigga psycho? He might try and shoot me or sum."

"You gonna be my date or not?"

He sighed. "Okay..."

     It was 1:23 in the morning when I was awoken by the loud ringing of my cellphone, I rolled my eyes at Chris' name.

Although I didn't wanna speak to him, I wanted to hear what he had to say, so I answered.

"Jade, hello?" He said.

"What do you want?"

"Listen, I can explain."

"Really don't wanna hear it... And about the dinner, can I bring someone?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter who, just answer the question."

He sighed like he was frustrated. "Yeah, I suppose."

"Thanks, see you." I clicked the end button and placed my phone back on my nightstand. I then rolled over on my side and cuddled back up to Manny.

SATURDAY

     Manny and I were currently parked outside of Chris and Iris' home, we were the first one's here.

"You ready?" I asked, looking at him.

"No, knowing yo ass you gon be petty as hell tonight."

"Correct." I smiled and removed myself from the car.

I knocked on the door three times, Iris opened it within seconds.

"Hey nice to see you." She smiled.

"Likewise. Oh, Iris this is my boyfriend Manny, Manny this is Iris.

Manny shot me a knowing look on the sly, but he proceeded to shake hands with Iris. She led us inside, I peeped Chris in the kitchen stirring a pot.

"Honey, Jade and her date are here!" She called.

Within seconds, Chris entered the living room, his face dropped when he saw Manny's arm hooked around mine.

"Nice to meet you." Manny nodded and reached to shake Chris' hand. He looked at his hand for a few seconds but he ended up shaking it anyway.

"Nice to meet you too." Chris said lowly.

"Dinner is almost ready, my parents and brother should be here any second." Iris informed. She led us into the dining room and I took my seat next to Manny, Chris sat across from us as Iris went to tend to the food.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Chris said, taking a sip of his wine.

"And I didn't know you and Iris were still together." I snapped.

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me. Manny pinched my leg underneath the table as I glared back at Chris. "It's okay though, your loss." I shrugged my shoulders. 

Suddenly I heard a commotion near the front door, then I heard a very familiar voice. 

My jaw almost dropped when I saw my father enter the dining room.

I raised an eyebrow. "Dad?" 

"Jade? What are you doing here?" 

"Wait, what?" Chris said, looking between the both of us.

 TO BE CONTINUED...