➵8

Omniscient POV

           The last few days, Jacob began to grow curious. He recognized Jade's face from somewhere, he just couldn't put his finger on it. He finally got tired of his curiousity, and decided to look through the family photo album.

He sifted through the first couple of pages, holding back a few laughs from all the silly photos. It wasn't until he landed on one picture, a photo of his father and Jade. He removed it almost immediately and made his way up into his dad's office.

"Pops... Don't we have another sister?" He questioned.

"Yeah, Jade. Why?"

"Just wondering, I was looking through the photo album."

"Oh alright."

He left his father's office, surprised. He knew he recognized her face from somewhere.

Jade

          The bed's getting cold and you're not here

The future that we hold is so unclear

But I'm not alive until you call

And I'll bet the odds against it all

Save your advice 'cause I won't hear

You might be right but I don't care

There's a million reasons why I should give
you up

But the heart wants what it wants

I sang along to the lyrics of The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez, because of the simple fact that I could relate 100%.

Chris hasn't attempted to call me ever since that day he saw me at his house, which is good I guess.I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him, and how things used to be. I wish I could go back three years and prevent everything from happening. I love Chris so much, but I just wasn't a homewrecker, I didn't have it in me.

I sighed and slumped down on my couch with my popcorn and soda, it was movie night. Manny was supposed to be here, but he got caught up with another one of his bitches and the rest is history.

I grabbed the Xbox controller and turned it on, immediately scrolling over to netflix. I flipped through all the horror movies, getting frustrated because most of them only had one star.

"They really need to update, these movies are shit." I said aloud.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I put my snacks down and got up to answer it. A part of me had been hoping it was Manny, but my hopes were shot down instantly when I saw Chris standing on my porch.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Hey... Can I come in?"

I opened the door wider, indicating for him to come inside. I took my spot back on the couch and continued looking for a movie to watch.

It was silent for a few minutes, until he cleared his throat.

"Jade." He said.

"Mm?" I replied, still looking at the TV.

"I broke up with Iris."

I looked at him, and put the xbox controller down. "You did?"

"Yeah. Now can you stop acting like that?"

I smiled and got up from the couch, pulling him into a tight hug. The scent of him made me weak at the knees.

"So you guys aren't engaged anymore? What made you change your mind?" I asked.

"I love you, and want to be with you."

"Chris, a—"

"Stop askin' me questions, and gimme a kiss."

I chuckled as he pulled my body back into his, planting a soft kiss on my lips.

the drama starts now...