➵6

Jade

It was a Saturday afternoon and I was kinda in my feelings. Not so much about Chris, but the situation. I was thinking too much. I really couldn't get mad at him for practically being kidnapped and almost killed. But he could have atleast came back and told me he was going to start a new life somewhere else. But that was three years ago, what'd'ya gonna do?

There was a sudden knock at my door and I got up from the couch to look out of the peephole, it was Manny. I sighed, letting him inside.

He had a bag of taco bell in his hand, and the corners of my mouth instantly turned up. "Food." I smiled.

He let himself in, kicked off his shoes and got comfortable on the couch. "I figured you were upset. You haven't texted me back. How did the dinner go?" He asked, taking all the tacos out of the bag.

"It kinda went South."

"Do I have to act like a girl for this one?"

I chuckled shaking my head. "No Manny, you don't."

"Okay, good. Ga' head."

"Well basically the only reason she called me over there was to interrogate me, and I wasn't having it. So I left."

"Whaaaat?" His eyes widened as he took a large bite of his taco.

"Yeah. She thinks I want Chris, like I'm not a homewrecker."

"So now what?"

"I don't know, I think I'm just gonna fall back."

"Yeah, do that."

"Ughhhh." I groaned, forcing my face into the couch pillow.

"Stop stressing. You know what, let's go to the mall." He said.

"You got mall money?"

"Yeah, let me take you shopping. Come on, get up." He got up from the couch and placed his half-bitten taco back in the wrapper. He grabbed my arm and helped me up from the couch. "You not about to be sitting here all sad and shit, not on my watch."

We arrived at the mall and the first place Manny dragged me into was footlocker. I don't like when people buy me things, but he offered so shit...

He picked out a whole bunch of shoes for me, I only picked one pair though. After footlocker, he literally dragged me into forever 21. He damn near bought me the whole friggin' store. You'd expect for the girl to be dragging the guy to stores, nah. He was dragging me around.

I was forced to try on a whole bunch of clothes, I barely had a say in what I wanted to wear.

"No, I ain't buying that." Manny said. "You look like you goin' to church, go change."

I groaned, going back into the stall. For a guy, Manny had a good pick when it came to girl's clothing. But it just wasn't my style, it was too revealing for my liking.

After going to another three or four stores, we finally sat down at the food court. I insisted to pay for it since I hadn't payed for anything all day, but he declined as I thought he would.

He bought us two slices of pizza each and we sat down at an area that was secluded from the crowds of people.

"Thank you Emmanuel, I really appreciate this." I said.

"You ain't gotta thank me, you deserve it. It feels good to spoil someone besides myself."

I chuckled.

When I went home later that day, I turned on my phone only to see 5 missed calls from Chris. Things didn't go as smoothly as I thought at dinner, and I haven't talked to him since. But I decided to swallow my pride and call him back. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello." He spoke.

"Hi.."

"Jade... Why haven't you been answering my calls?"

"I didn't wanna talk to you."

"We need to talk."

"We talking right now."

I heard him let out a deep sigh.

"Jade, you have to understand where I'm coming from. I love you, and I never stopped."

"Listen this is not eeny meeny miny mo. I'm not gonna sit around and play side bitch, when you make your decision then call me." I hung up the phone and slammed it down on the island.

I love Chris with all of my heart, but I'm worth more then letting a man half love me.