One More Chance On You

Mari's Point Of View

The air around me felt heavy. My eyes burned at the intensity of the smell of gunpowder and blood. A mixture making my insides swirl around and around. Through hazy eyes I look around for an easy target. Call me what you want, but I don't think I can take on very much in this state. Black spots continued to cloud my vision as I crept closer towards the border. Breathing in the air I could smell the DoveWings Pack scent on the trees.

Without thinking I crossed their border paying close attention to their scent, trying not to get lost. To say our two packs was close was an understatement. Their alpha, who hasn't found his mate yet, just so happens to be my younger brother. Limping I stood at the edge of their woods. Just a few hundred feet and I'll be at the pack house. A few hundred feet to many. My eyes began playing tricks with my mind, making the short distance look like miles. Howling, several guards by the house snapped their heads in my direction. Sprinting as fast as I could I took off out of my cover and in direction of the pack house. One hundred feet to go, I told my wolf who whined for a rest. The guards growled at me as they shifted. A few ran into the house. Skidding to a hault I met eyes with their beta, who stood outside on the porch wearing nothing but a white towel slung around his waist.

His eyes bulged as he took in my appearance. I mean I know I look bad but he doesn't have to stare. "Jaggar, please. Get Gunner." I whispered as my breath came out in raged timings. He nodded his head before a guard ran into the house. Stepping closer to me he let his hand drift close to my face. He lifted my head up with his hand for a second looking deep into my eyes. When he pulled back I watched as he saw the blood on his hand. His eyes held uncertainty. Looking over at him he stepped back, one of his guards, who previously went into the house, came back with towels and a medical kit, my brother trailing behind him.

My brother came to a stop once I came into his view. His jeans were faded and his black shirt hung loose over his shoulders. "Gunner, I need help." Was all I said before I fell onto the ground, my throat tightening as I coughed out blood. He immediately crouched besides me, holding my head out of the dirt. Every movement I made hurt, but I soon forced myself onto shaky paws.

"What happened?" Gunner asked his alpha tone sending chills down my spine. Nodding towards the woods he nodded turning back to his beta who still stood there in nothing but a towel.

"The FirePack. Their killing us." I cried as I turned around and ran back towards the woods. Glancing over my shoulder I watched Jagger run into the house and my brother talking to his guards. Turning back I ran full speed through his territory and back to mine. Help is on the way, hopefully it's not too late.

Gunner's Point Of View (Mari's brother)

I was sitting in my office doing paperwork when my door swung open. No knock,no indication, nothing. About to yell at whoever was there, I looked up at one of ny guards, Ty. His entire body shook and I smelt my sister's pack on him. Standing up he nodded his head before he spoke. "Your sister's here. Something's wrong."

Jumping up I started running from my office and down the hall to the medical room. Throwing open the door I glanced around for the medical kit. Thinking in my head it was nothing big I grabbed the small med kit, with bandages. Ty shook his head, nodding to the big one. I froze as I watched him reach above my head and grab it along with several towels.

Pushing past him, I broke from the room running through the hall. The door to the backyard in sight I ran right through it, since it was open. The second my eyes saw her, I skidded to a hault. Her pelt soaked in blood, all the wounds, now I knew why we needed the big medical kit.

Stepping towards her she collapsed onto her stomach, her eyes closed. "Gunner,I need help." Was all she said as she began coughing up blood.

Pain wrenched through me. She never comes to me for anything. Her pack's the biggest in the continent, there must really be a problem for this. "What happened?" I asked keeping my voice calm in an attempt to keep her calm. Casting my eyes back I noticed Jagger standing there in nothing but a towel. Turning back I watched her stand up, her legs shaking.

"The FirePack, their killing us." She cried as she turned and pelted back towards the woods. Jagger turned around and ran into the house as I stood there talking to my guards. Nodding their heads they retreated in different directions to gather up the guards. This is do or die right now for my sister and her pack.

A few minutes later, Jagger stepped back outside, fully clothed. Behind him, stood some of our best fighters. Nodding my head I began running off into the woods, Jagger besides me. The guard's and fighters trailed behind us, everyone including myself in human form. Stopping outside of our border, I stopped to smell the air. Jagger did the same. His eyes locked with mine. "I don't get it." He said breaking the silence. Many of our wolves looked at him, nodding in agreement. "I can't smell anything but us and Mari's pack."

Taking another sniff I nodded in agreement. Quickly, I began running down into their territory. About halfway through, the scent of death and blood brought me to a stop. The others stopped as well. I heard the sounds of growling and whimpering. Looking back I nodded before shifting, they did the same, except they quickly took their clothes off. As fast I could I ran into the heart of their territory, only to come face to face with one of the biggest battles I had ever seen. Hundreds of thousands of wolves stood fighting. My men and woman looked around, uncertainty on their faces. With a snarl I raced past the trees and into the battle. Relief flooded Mari's pack as they fought harder, alongside us.

Authors note

Okay, maybe another two chapters. It's a long fight scene. The beginning of the story was half dream half fight. Just clearing up any confusion

:)