Into The Woods

Law stood beside you as you both stood at the edge of a forest. "I-Is this your territory too?" He asks uneasy about the reason you brought him so far from the city and suburbs.
"Actually, large forests like this one are free to any vampire. But mostly blood desperate vamps lurk in them to take easy prey and not get into trouble for it." You explain starting in. He shifts nervously but follows you swiftly.
"They can get in trouble for taking blood?" He asks.
"Well if the vampire that is in charge of the territory sets up certain guidelines about feeding and a lower vamp ignores it they will most likely be killed within that following day." You give a slight shrug. He shudders a bit.
"Did you put down guidelines?" He inquires.
"Be discreet. But if the victim deserves it don't hold back." You hum.
"So you're not breaking your own rule.." He breathes.
"Nope, I don't like 'scenes' in my territory. I don't think any vampire that holds territory likes that." You murmur stopping in a clearing. He stops looking around again.
"What are you going to show me?" He asks carefully. You flash a fanged smile.
"Did you know animals rather like vampires?" You hum with a head tilt. He blushes lightly.
"No..." He says, interest flickering in his eyes. You sit down in the grass and pat beside you. He carefully goes over and sits beside you, blush growing when you take his hand. You give a soft but clear whistle. Law watches you curiously.
You smile again at him and nod to the forest as light snaps and creaks sound. Law follows your gaze as deer and other woodland creatures peer at you both curiously.
"Hello, come here wild ones." You reach out. A few rabbits hop over sniffing at you both. They are wary of Law but swiftly crawl onto your lap, nestling against you. Law watches in amazement, tensing as a young buck nibbles his black locks. You giggle softly watching him. He blushes meeting your gaze.
"You're so cute Law." You kiss his knuckles. He ducks his head face red.
"___..." He murmurs slightly embarrassed. You giggle more, grinning.
"It's your fault for being so--" The creatures suddenly scatter and you look over with a frown as someone shifts in the shadows.
"What's wrong?" Law asks following your gaze and stiffening.
"Look lad, you're still young, so be smart and walk away. Or you won't live to see another moon." You warn, moving to shield Law calmly.
"Fuck you! Give me his blood--" He lunges at the both of you but you launch at him, knocking him on his back. The young vamp writhes under you snarling angrily.
"Stop before I kill you." You murmur, eyes glowing. He shudders panting and glaring up at you with brown eyes.
"It's hard.... I'm starving..." He pants. You look him over.
"What's your name young one?" You ask softly.
"Ace..." He manages.
"I'll provide you with food and shelter. Just promise you'll leave that human alone." You tell him. He pauses looking at Law.
"H-He's obviously yours anyway..." He pants. You smile and get off of him.
"Sorry Law, I'm gonna have to cut our little date short so I can get this new one some food." You go over and help him up. Law looks at Ace uneasily, holding your hands tightly. "Don't worry, I'll kill him if he tries." You hum walking with them out of the forest.
Ace's blood lust was practically radiating off of him, so once you were sure Law was in a safe area, you take Ace to your hunting grounds.
He drained five men before he was satisfied. He licks his lips as he relaxes and gives a fanged grin. "Thanks! I can't believe you opened your hunting grounds for a stranger like me!"
"Heh, you sure are happy when you're not starving." You comment. He gives a nod rubbing his neck sheepishly.
"Sorry about that, I was sure I was going to die either way... So is he like your pet?" He asks, following after you as you head out.
"Actually he's a friend, and that was your only warning." You reply.
"I know it was. I felt your protectiveness of him. I must admit, I've never seen that before." He comments.
"Yeah well sometimes, you have to enjoy watching their short lives as they go by." You murmur looking up at the sky.
"You're not going to change him?" Ace asks in surprise.
"Only if he asks me to." You hum.
"I wish more vamps were like you..." He rubs the mark on his neck.
"You were attacked weren't you?" You guess touching his neck. He shifts under your touch.
"He came out of nowhere... I don't know how I fought him off. I blacked out and woke up so thirsty..." He murmurs. "They chased me off the territory when I went hunting... I've been in those woods for days..."
"Well, not anymore... I'll let you live here, just don't go crazy, unless they're predators." You tell him. "We're expecting a hunter soon so you can stay with me and another vamp until he's gone."
Ace lights up and hugs you at that. ''Thank you! You're an awesome woman, vamp, being!" He gasps. You giggle and smile.
"It's going to be nice having you around Ace."