The New Guy

You were so bored. Everyday felt as tedious as the last. Your eyes drift to the ceiling, tongue grazing over your fang as your eyes drifted around the silent class that sat around you. You needed something new. Something catches your ear and your eyes are drawn to the door a few moments before it opens and someone falls into the classroom, drawing everyone else's attention. You blink in slight amusement as raven haired teen swiftly gets to his feet, pink dusting his tan cheeks, timid golden eyes peered from behind the corrective lenses of his thick rimmed glasses,  glancing around as the other students laugh at his entrance. His gaze pauses on your blank face briefly before looking down in pure embarrassment. 

        You felt pity for him, he seemed like the type to be bullied easily. 'Nothing interesting about him...' You think as Mr. Dracule introduced him as Trafalgar Law. Law gives a timid bow to the class, before taking his seat next to you. You can feel his gaze flicker to you periodically throughout class, but you have no interest in the pitiful teen beside you.

         After class, when you were deciding to skip the rest of the day, you see the new boy again, being bullied by Eustass Kid. Kid tosses Law's backpack to the side, causing some medical books to slide out. "Heh, Do something new guy." Kid sneers while Law bites his lip,turning to get his bag only to have Kid slam him into a locker. Law winces, pain flashing in his golden eyes. Another wave of pity passes through you, and you go over, touching Kid's arm calmly. 

        Kid's amber orbs flicker to you, slightly wild, but he freezes and his heart skips an uneasy beat. You just meet his gaze eyes narrowing slightly. He carefully pulls away and backs up, eyes never leaving you before he turns and swiftly leaves. 

        Law blinks in awe at what oddity just happened as you stoop and smoothly put his books back into the pack before handing it to him. "Th-Thank you..." He stammers taking it with an embarrassed blush. You just sigh and continue on, sensing him become crestfallen by your cold response. Poor guy.

         "Kid said you didn't let him bully the new guy." Killer comments sitting back as you looked down at the streets of the city below from your ledge. 

         "He fell into class on his first day. I felt enough pity for the clumsy guy." You state bored. You can feel the masked gaze of your comrade on your back. 

  "If you're so bored why not leave this city already?" He asks.

  "Because it's mine." You huff getting up and stretching, "What's your excuse?" 

  "I'm still interested in this place." He answers. "And Kid is entertaining to be around."

   "You sure are an odd one.." You mutter.

           "Rather be odd than boring." He chuckles.

           "Shut up..." You sigh before stepping off the ledge and falling. Killer leans forward to watch you land on the sidewalk four stories below him. He smirks slightly when you flip him the bird.

            "See you later too..."

            Night soon falls over your city, stirring your hunger. You purposely walk past bars, soon drawing the attention of a hound. He stalks you for a few blocks before you feel the blade of a knife at your back. You inwardly smirk.

          "Alleyway now!" He hisses against the back of your head. You feign fear and lead the way into the dark alleyway starting to smile in the shadows. You let him push you into the wall, letting out a practiced scared whimper, as you prepare to attack. Before he can utter a demand, or you could make your move, a brick slams into the side of the hound's head, making him stagger and fall. 

         You blink in surprise, eyes flickering to a familiar and equally surprised Law. He blinks and swiftly grabs your hand running out of the alleyway with you and down a few blocks, soon stopping and putting his hands on his knees, wheezing for air. You just watch him with a tilted head, still surprised.

        "A-Are you okay ___-san?" Law manages panting, putting his hands on your shoulders looking so worried and terrified at the same time. You blink registering his words.

       "You... saved me..." You breathe raising an eyebrow. He blinks and blushes.

       "I-I did..." He pants in surprise at himself. You smile a bit, now he had your interest. 

       "Not bad new guy." You praise kissing his cheek and making him blush wildly, golden eyes widening. "You're my hero tonight." You smile thoughtfully. 

       "A-Ah... It was nothing! I'm glad you're okay... C-can I walk you home so you're not attacked again?" He asks shyly. You blink, ignoring your hunger and smiling.

      "Good idea," You hum, letting him walk you home. He was nervous and quiet most of the way, trying to make small talk awkwardly. 

      "S-So..." He tries to start but can't think of anything interesting.

      "What are you doing wondering so late at night?" You ask trying to encourage the timid guy.

      "I-I was heading home from the library when I saw you... and then that man following you- are you sure you're okay? He didn't hurt you?" He asks carefully turning your face to him. You smile reassuring.

      "Yep, you made it just in time." You breathe. He relaxes and nods as you stop in front of your apartment. "Here we are, thanks.... see you tomorrow." You tell him, starting up the steps. He watches you briefly.

      "Y-yeah... see you tomorrow." He says shyly before heading back down the sidewalk. You watch him disappear down the street before chuckling in amusement.  

      "I better go find another meal then..." You comment heading down the sidewalk in the opposite direction.