Witness

The blood left Law's face, eyes widening. You saw him? He wants to run but he's frozen, trembling. "Run." Your voice orders him softly. Somehow that single word made his legs obey, running swiftly down the street.

"Oops..." You breathe peering down from the rooftop, following easily as you watch him. "He's traumatized..." You sigh. You follow him to a suburb, pausing as he enters a rather nice looking place.

'Geez... Now I have to get permission...' You think with a sigh, hopping off a rooftop, going over to inspect the house. A pink painted room catches your eye and you smile, hopping onto the window seal and knocking on the window. The small girl jumps in surprise and looks over at you. You offer a friendly smile and wave. She comes over curiously.

"Who're you?" She asks without opening the window.

"I'm ___, your brother's friend." You smile. "He's mad at me, could you let me in so I can talk to him, Lamie?" You ask, eyes not missing her name on some papers. She blinks and comes over opening the window.

"Oh sure. He mentioned you yesterday. I think he likes you." She smiles cutely. You just chuckle at that. How sad, yet cute. "Well? What are you waiting for? Come on in." She says. You relax and ease in at that.

"Thanks for inviting me in," You breathe patting her head. "I'll go find him." You add carefully going out.

You follow his scent to his room, hearing him rummaging through the cabinets in a slight frenzy. Probably looking for garlic. You chuckle quietly, easing into his room and looking around. So plain and rather boring. You scan over the medical books and open the closet and hide inside, waiting. Law soon comes into the room and the heavy scent of garlic follows. You almost choke.

"Gross..." You mutter watching him seal himself in before turning on the laptop. He was on there for hours before eventually getting up and going to bed. You tried to peer at the screen but the angle kept you from seeing what he had been searching for, but you had an idea.

You glance at he's sleeping form, and close your eyes, listening to his breathing and relaxing. "Poor guy, I wonder what I should do with him..." You murmur.

"Law! You're going to be late!" A motherly voice makes you crack an eye open. Law sits up, looking to the door worriedly.

"I-I'm not feeling well!" He calls, faking a cough. You smirk, of course he would do that. His mother ask if he wanted anything but he declines. An hour or so later. Law's heart is the only one you can hear. He goes to his lap top and you ease out of the closet.

"You have a nice family." You comment, making him freeze and his heart skip a beat. He swiftly turns to you, horror in his eyes.

"H-How did you get in!?" He gasps.

"Lamie invited me in while you were going crazy with that stinky stuff." You inform him. He blinks and waves a clove of garlic at you.

"S-Stay back!" He gasps. Your nose wrinkles and you smack it from his hand gently. He pales, staggering back and almost falling. You grab his wrists and steady him.

"Relax would you. And don't wave that gross stuff around. I've had plenty of time to kill you." You sigh, tossing him onto the bed easily. He gasps and sits up, eyeing you cautiously.

"Why haven't you killed me or..." He checks his neck swiftly. You giggle.

"I've been so bored lately, and you actually make me less so." You tell him. "And I don't kill cute and good guys." You hum. Law blinks and blushes heavily looking down.

"C-Cute!?" He gasps. You blink and giggle lightly making him grit his teeth. "Y-Y-You're the one who has been sucking all those people dry!" He accuses, changing the subject.

"Only the ones who deserve it. They preyed on me first." You point out. He blinks and relaxes.

"S-So that man I..."

"I was just acting. Though you really impressed me with that." You comment sitting on his desk. Law blinks and gasps, making you raise an eyebrow.

"The Vampire Hunter!" He gasps swiftly going to the laptop. You blink.

"Huh? You contacted a Vampire Hunter?" You tilt your head then snicker. "You sure it was an actual Hunter? What's his name?" You laugh. Law swallows glancing at you.

"R-Ronoa Zoro..." He tells you. You pause. That name you knew. Law watches your face as a mixture of all kinds of emotion flash through your face as you look at the new email he had opened up.

'On my way.' Was all it read. You let out a breath and slowly turn your head to Law who pales.

"If I survive this, I plan to punish you." You whisper to him calmly. He swallows and steps back.

"S-Sorry... I-I thought you were a monster!" He stammers. You blink and sigh.

"I am a monster." Law blinks at your statement as you look down. "That's just how it is. Even if I kill the bad horrible ones.. The fact is I still kill people..." You murmur. Law shifts feeling a wave of guilt for his harshness.

"You... Didn't kill me... And you're the only one who has been nice to me since I moved here.... I'm sorry, I'll try to call him off." He says, turning to the laptop.

"Too late, he won't believe you. And he has been here before. I have no doubt he knows there's a vampire here." You sigh rubbing your neck. "Especially with the full moon approaching. Killer and I sure do get restless..." You add.

"W-Wait, there's more than one vampire?!" He gasps.

"There's four actually, but this is my territory since I'm the most experienced vampire here." You tell him stretching.

"How old are you?" He murmurs with a head tilt.

"Hell if I remember. I don't like to think about time because I have too much of it." You stretch. Law shifts and sits down in his chair.

"I didn't even know vampires existed..." Law murmurs looking down.

"That's because we usually kill or convert witnesses on spot." You point out. He swallows and peers at you.

"Then... why did you let me get away and contact the Hunter?" He asks. You pause with a hum.

"I don't know..." You admit with a shrug. "To make things interesting I guess..."

"Wait... why doesn't the sun affect you?" He asks and makes a face. "You're not sparkly are you?"

"Pfft! Hahaha! No... When you're first turned you get severe sun burn from even just a small touch of sunlight, it takes years to adapt and decades to become immune." You chuckle rubbing your cheek. "Killer still needs sunblock and his mask to protect his face."

"You must be so old..." He mutters to himself. You blink and pout looking down.

"Y-You're old..." You scoff. Law blinks and raises an eyebrow at your weak comeback, chuckling quietly. You glance at him and pause at the slight amused smirk on his lips. For a moment you didn't see his timidity, just a cute guy with thick rimmed glasses. You reach out and move off his glasses, making him freeze. You cup his cheek.

"You're really cute..." You murmur quietly. He blushes heavily, looking into your eyes. You blink, a memory flashing through your mind briefly. You pull back, placing the glasses back on him and turning away.

"See you later, I need to alert the others that Roronoa Zoro is coming."