Twenty Eight // The Beach

Start from the beginning

"Aw, they are so cute." Caitlin said, speaking my thoughts.

"That's about as close as they'll come to the shore. I wish they'd come closer, that would be so cool. I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins." Liz said.

"When we are rich and famous, we can all go to SeaWorld and swim with them." I said, looking over at Liz. She smiled, laughing quietly.

"Come on, let's go swimming."

<><> 

The water was cold, but the air was hot. It was a relaxing mix and the salty water seemed to make my tired body relax. Ever since the girls and I became friends we haven't gotten much sleep at night. The saltiness also made my hair sleek back, like I was wearing too much gel. It felt funny when I ran my hand through it, though I liked how soft it felt.

Caitlin was on Liz's back, her arms locked around Liz's neck. I laughed at Liz's expression, seeing that Caitlin was probably choking her. Still laughing hysterically, I moved through the water to help poor Liz out. Caitlin's skin was slippery when I touched it, almost like a sting ray. I wrapped my hands around Caitlin's wrists and started to pull her hands from Liz's neck.

"Hey, don't touch me. I'm riding my horse." Caitlin yelled loudly. Liz squirmed around and Caitlin screamed, falling into the water. I laughed even harder as Caitlin resurfaced, a piece of seaweed hanging over her head. Caitlin glared at me as she took the plant from her head and threw it at me. I screamed in surprise as it hit me in the face before falling onto my chest.

Liz laughed at the seaweed hanging between my breasts and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I picked up the green slippery plant and threw it at Liz, hitting her in the face. She made some sort of noise in surprise, not even remotely sounding human and it sent Caitlin and I into a fit of laughter.

"Stop laughing at me. I don't know what type of noise that was." Liz said, putting her hand on her throat. I laughed harder and closed my eyes, feeling like my stomach was about to rip open. It hurt like a bitch because of how hard I was laughing.

"Girls?" My laugh began to die down as the girls and I, and the cameramen, turned to look at who called us. Liz's mom was standing at the top of the hill, her hair blowing from the wind. "Sorry to ruin your fun, but dinner is going to be ready." She said.

"Oh, move, food." Liz said, pushing me backwards. I fell into the water and closed my eyes tightly to keep from salt getting in them. I stood up and out of the water, opening my eyes. They burned slightly from the salt but I had grown used to it a while ago. Both Caitlin and Liz were running towards the shore, laughing widely. I smiled and shook my head at them.

I started following them, yelling for them to wait for me. Rick was laughing, aiming the camera at Caitlin and Liz - who were now running up the hill - but then turned to me. I smiled and winked towards the camera as I finally got to the sand. It easily stuck to the bottom of my wet feet, but I ignored it and started running after the girls.

I finally caught up to them when they were at the patio, sitting down at the outside table. Liz's family was bringing out the dinner and when I offered to help, they rejected the idea because I was still wet. I sat down across from Liz, who sent me a sickly sweet and sarcastic smile. I rolled my eyes at her as an empty plate was sat in front of me. "Thanks Toby." I said. Toby was a cute guy, I'm not going to lie. If he wasn't Liz's brother then I probably would've been flirting with him. But he was her brother and I needed to respect that. Plus he had a girlfriend and I had to respect that as well.

After another minute the entire Johnston family was sitting around us and the cameramen were filming us eating. It was weird, and I could tell that Kacey was confused at the sudden amount of cameras. It wasn't until that she spoke up that everyone else realized that she was confused. "Are we on criminals most wanted? Is that they there are cameras? Is it because Liz stole that candy bar?" Kacey asked.

"Kacey, that fourteen years ago, way before you were thought of." Toby said, getting a smack in the arm from his mother. "What I meant by that, is that Liz was a thief a long time ago."

"Hey, stop insulting me. This is going online." Liz said, then turned to Rick. "Can you edit that part out?" She asked.

"I think that that should go in, I think that people will love this." Rick said.

"Cheese heads." Liz muttered, stabbing her French fry with a fork. I laughed quietly as her mother spoke up.

"We made extra food, please, help yourself." She said, nodding her head towards the dish of hamburger patties.

"Thanks Helen, but we're going to eat after we leave. Which should be about now." Rick said, turning the camera off. "Thanks for the footage, we'll be back tomorrow for some more. What time is good for you?" He asked.

"Well we are going to my uncles tomorrow around noon, so come at eleven." Liz said. I looked over at Caitlin in confusion and from the look that I got back from her, she was just as confused. Why were we going to her uncles and why weren't we told? I don't mind going, I was just curious as to why we were going.

The cameramen nodded and soon disappeared, thanking Helen and Greg for allowing them to record their daughter and Caitlin and I. Once they were out gone, I looked over at Liz. "Why are we going to your uncles?" I asked.

She looked over at me with wide eyes. "I didn't tell you?" She asked. When I shook my head, she quickly explained. "I'm sorry, I could've sworn I did. My uncle has a recording studio. It's nothing too big or fancy, it's homemade, but he said we could use it to start working on our sound. I thought I told you, sorry."

"Don't be, that sounds amazing." I said, smiling widely. It did sound like a lot of fun. I've never been able to sing in a recording studio, or even a homemade one like her uncle's. It sounded awesome and I couldn't wait.

<><><><><><><><><> 

I hope you liked the chapter. Things will start picking up soon, I promise. I just need a bit more chapters for a few more things and then they will be off to the judges homes.

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms!!

~ Amanda xx

—Gif on the side is of Julie