Chapter 81: Selling With Motive

"The power is turned off so you have your powers, we just can't risk letting them know anything." Draco says as he's playing with the bracelet in around my wrist.

"Thanks." I mutter. Draco is the only one I haven't really talked to yet. He most just makes snide comments or would tell me to shut up, which is great. I watch him carefully as he concentrates on the wiring or whatever.

"What?" He snaps, still concentrating on the bracelet.

"You're the one I've talked to the least."

"I don't talk much."

"Okay well, I'm Maddie." I extend my other hand out to him. I know we've met, but we haven't ever OFFICIALLY met and I want to start over with all of these guys.

He slowly looks up at me with confused eyebrows. He sighs then shakes my hand lightly, "Draco."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The elevator slowly moves down and my heart beat quickly fastens. There's so much anticipation right now, it's scary.

Apparently we're meeting a guy named Peter in one of the corners of the casino. It's supposed to be down low, a quiet exchange but I highly doubt that will be the case.

When the elevator door opens, Leonard puts his arm around me to make it look like we're a couple again. I put my hand at his back grabbing his shirt from being so nervous.

"Don't be nervous." He tells me. "Everything will be fine."

I try to believe him, but I can't. There's so much to the plan, something's bound to go wrong.

Draco is on the other side of me, acting as a sort of body guard while Gally and Murphy are in their places elsewhere.

We get near the corner of the casino, an empty space with a door with an 'Emergency Exit' sign at the top. There's three guys standing there. The one in the middle, looking like their leader.

"You actually made it." The guy says with a smirk. Len and Draco don't respond as the guys eyes focus on me. "You must be the Special girl everyone's raving about." I try my best to keep eye contact from him. "I'm Peter, Peter Hale." He extends his hand out to me. I shake his hand, with a fake smile. "I'm surprised... She seems so... Willing."

"We have her family being watched by some of our friends. She doesn't cooperate, then they die." Leonard explains, a lie of course.

"Ahh, smart."

"Do you have what we came for?" Draco cuts straight to the chase, his tone sharp and eager to get out.

"Yes, of course." One of Peter's guards hands him a brief case. He opens it slightly, "three hundred million, as promised."

My mouth slightly drops. THREE HUNDRED MILLION. I never even bothered to ask... THREE HUNDRED MILLION. I thought it would be something like one million! FUCK. I mean... That's a lot.

"There's five million in cash, and the rest are in five different bank accounts on the paper inside. Split it how you like with your acquaintances." He explains. Wow.

"Alright." Leonard nods as he takes the brief case. He pushes me at my back and I end up right in front of Peter.

"Thanks for doing business." Leonard says flatly. "She's powerless right now and will continue to be until you take off those bracelets. They're Stark technology you should be able to kill them easy."

"No problem." Peter nods. With that, they shake hands and Peter guides me through the exit door with his guards behind him.

The cold, morning Nevada air greets me and I find myself tempted to abandon the plan and fly away already. But I can't. I can't risk them getting caught. There's three vans and I'm pushed into the second one. The vans are black, with the inside customized like a jail transport vehicle where you all sit facing the middle. His hand moves from the small of my back, to my neck as he guides me into the van. I feel incredibly uncomfortable and already very intimidated by this man. I find myself sitting across from Peter while there are four other guys, two sitting at my sides and the other sitting at his.