Chapter 16: In Your Dreams, Literally

"My dear, it is good to see you." I hear his voice.

I quickly spin around to see Loki standing in front of me in a pitch white atmosphere.

"I'd say the same thing to you, but everytime we meet, you try to kill me."

"Must I say it again?" He sighs and walks towards me. "I have never tried to fatally harm you... And I don't believe I ever will."

I look him up and down, he looks... Softer? Like much less of a threat. He's not wearing his armor or holding that deadly scepter in his hand.

"Tell that to the huge bump on my head and this." I extend my arm out, showing him my bruise.

"May I see it?" He steps closer to me. I debate for a second, will he hurt me? He looks totally innocent right now and I have no idea where we are. I'm pretty sure I'm sleeping, but it feels so real. There's something that tells me I can trust him, like he has no intention to do anything but talk.

I stupidly extend my arm out to him and he takes my wrist in my hand. "This is no where close to the battle scars I've endured from your fellow Avengers." He scoffs.

"Well you kind of deserved it..." I mutter, my wrist still in his hand.

"You believe that?" His eyes meet mine and he lets go of grip. All of a sudden I feel guilty for saying it.

"Where are we?" I ask, changing the subject.

His eye brows raise when I don't answer his question, "in your dreams."

"My dreams? So I am imagining all of this?"  It makes sense, I mean literally the whole space around us is white.

"Not entirely. I am in your mind, because believe it or not but we are connected. I know you feel it."

"That's not possible. Thor-"

"My brother may have given you that Sovidia stone, but that didn't destroy what we have completely." He talks as if we were in a relationship. As if we had something...

"So this is completely useless?" I take the necklace out. His eyes don't turn green like they did last time, which kind of worries me. But if this is all in my head then he can't be a threat. He's obviously not acting as one. I mean, it really feels like he's not a bad guy, and we're just friends having a conversation.

"Of course not, it is of Sovidia. It is still very powerful, but you are most vulnerable while you are dreaming."

I'm reminded of the dream last night, wondering if he's what caused it. "So you made me have that dream last night? You would actually do that?" I ask, piecing it all together. He doesn't respond right away, just looks away.

"I do not know. Did it hurt you?"

"I saw the people I love die." I start to feel the heat rise in my cheeks. "I woke up, thinking they were dead and that you were going to hurt me next." I feel the anger following.

"I would not hurt you-"

"You already have." I can tell I'm starting to sound mad.

He takes my wrist in his hand and I flinch. "I would not hurt you." He repeats, sensing my uneasiness. His fingers gently slide across my bruise, I feel a slight pressure, but watch the bruise disappear. My jaw drops and I press on the spot the bruise once was in, feeling no pain at all.

"Thank you." I look up at him. "Why are you so... Good to me?" I ask.

"Pardon?"

"I don't know... You're different with me."

He nods in agreement, "because you're different. I knew you were lying about who you were when I first met you. You weren't ordinary and I could see that. I learned all about you when I touched you." His hand goes to the side of my head, just as he did when we first met. But thankfully this time, I don't faint or anything. "I find you and your powers very intriguing. It would perfect to combine our powers, we would unstoppable. We could rule this world." Oh, there's the Loki I know. The Loki I hate.

"Why do you want that?" I step back. "What's the point? What are you trying to prove?"

I can tell he is taken back by the question and isn't sure how to answer. "My brother is the true heir to the throne to Asgard. And what of I? I was and should be king."

"So you want to take my world, because you weren't allowed to rule your own? Your brother loves Earth, he's protecting it, why take that from him?"

"You sound like him." He scoffs. "He believes throne would suit me ill, that I should not rule."

"What will make you stop this? You can't send the Chitauri down again. You're destroying lives, Loki. You don't need to do this."

"Tch. I wouldn't expect you to understand."

"Just close the portal. End this, Thor can take you home."

"He needs the tesseract for that."

"Then give it back."

"I do not know of it's whereabouts. But, I would not give it if I could. I am going to rule this world. With or without your help."

I swallow, there has to be a way to stop him. To find that tesseract. This can't go on and it has to end, today. "Where are you Loki?"

"Right in front of you." He smiles and tilts his head.

"You're not physically in my dreams. Where are you?" I ask again.

"I can not tell you that."

"Why not? Don't you want to see me in person?" I step closer, slightly teasing him.

"Of course, but I do not wish to see my brother or any of the other superheroes you associate yourself with."

"Tell me Loki. How else am I going to come face to face with you?"

"You're just going to have to find me." He disappears and I feel myself jolt.

I gasp and jolt up in the bed. My head is spinning from getting up to quickly, but I remember my dream perfectly.

"Hey, you okay?" Clint is sitting at the edge of the bed watching the news.

"L- Loki, I talked to Loki." I get up and check the time on my phone, 5:17 am. I walk towards the table where everyone else is sitting with Clint following.

"You talked to Loki?" Bruce takes his glasses off and puts down the tablet in front of him.

"He came to me in my dream... He wants me to find him so we can talk in person."

"How do you know you didn't make it all up?" Natasha asks.

"I just know." I'm positive.

"Well, do you have any idea where he is?" Cap asks.

"N-no... But I do know that he doesn't want you guys with me..."

"Well that's obviously not going to happen. How does he expect to separate us?"

All of a sudden we hear it, the boom that let's us all know... "The Chitauri are here."