Chapter 13: Talk It Up

"So, that's happened before?" Bruce asks as we all sit around the kitchen table.

"Yeah. For seven months I was able to be in complete control." I explain as he goes turns the tv volume down. "Whenever I was nervous, mad, sad... Even happy, stuff would happen with my powers. Water bottles and faucets would explode, things would set fire, winds would come out of nowhere. Just random stuff. But, sometimes it got dangerous. I was scary." I shrug. "So I worked and worked on controlling it and after a year I got it down perfect, survived seven months. And then Loki and that stupid ref had to fuck up my streak." They look at me wide eyed due to my language. "BUT I'm fine now. I was able to control it."

"That's good, Maddie. And I know it's probably a sensitive subject, but can you talk about last night?" Steve asks, eager to know if there's anything that would help them with the Loki situation.

"I don't know if it'll help, but yeah I can talk about it." I pause for a minute and recollect the memories from my dream. I usually remember half of what I dream. But for some reason, I can remember this one perfectly. I close my eyes and visualize it.

"Ahh, okay so. I-I was in a building and my family was there. CJ, Sabrina, my best friends and Carisi." I keep my eyes closed as I explain and a hand is placed on my knee. Carisi, duh. "Loki was there, he had them tied and on the floor. He was furious with me, I don't really know what I did exactly, but I guess I wasn't doing what he wanted. I knew what he was going to do... Soo, I begged him to let them go. But he kept saying he had to do it and I kept begging. Telling him I was his, that I'd stay with him, anything to convince him. But he didn't care. He pointed the scepter at them a.. and... killed them." I open my eyes and take a deep breath. "That's when I woke up."

"Loki's after your family." Bruce says from behind.

"I don't know?"

"No, he really is." Natasha stands from her seat and joins Bruce, looking at the tv.

"What are you talking about?" I turn to them in my seat. The other Avengers are moving to the living room now.

"You cousin's baby shower is in San Fransisco?" Clint asks.

"Yes..."

"So is Loki's army." Cap sighs.