Chapter 33: An Exteme Measure

"Welcome to my humble home." Loki speaks first when all the people leave the room.

"This doesn't seem like a home."

"Do not judge a book by it's cover." He tells me.

"It's still boring." I laugh.

"So was this your idea? To have us alone in this cell with nothing but a bed?" He smirks. "What an extreme measure my dear."

My jaw drops. "NOT EVEN." I scoff and a flame burns in my hand.

"It was only a joke!" He chuckles.

"It's not funny. It's actually nasty."

"Sex is a natural occurrence in life! You should not treat it as something disturbing."

"Oh my god! Shut up!" I whisper yell. Gross. First I almost have the 'talk' with the Avengers, now this. No, no, nO. NO. "That is not what I came in here to talk about."

"What is it then? The Tesseract? Again?"

"Maybe... c'mon Loki." I step towards him. "Just tell me." I say softly.

"It is not going to work." He walks away from me and sits on the bed.

"Why don't you want to go home? There's nothing for you here."

"You do know that if I go home I will be punished. Put in a jail no different from this one. At least here I have something to look forward to." His attitude tones down, and his emotions become visible.

"Yeah?" I laugh, "what is that? The food?"

He scoffs and shakes his head. "It would be silly to say."

"Oh, come on. I love silly." I sit next to him. "What could you possibly like here that they don't have in your world?"

He rolls his eyes and thinks for a second. "Strong, unique, mortals like you."

My eyebrows raise and my jaw drops slightly. "Me?"

"Don't act so surprised." He scoffs.

"No- it's just.. You know I won't always be here. Even if they don't find the Tesseract, I have to leave." I laugh a little, but he doesn't seem to find it funny. "Don't you miss your family?" I automatically regret asking the question when I remember everything Thor had told me.

"I do not have a family."

"Your brother?"

He scoffs, "him. The man whom I shadowed all my life. The one everyone adores and loves unconditionally."
He stands up and walks off. "I have done as much as him, but get no reward. Where as he would be granted a whole kingdom. A title as king."

"I'm sorry..." I follow him.

He stops in the middle of the room at my apology. "Did he only tell you his side of the story? That I was a reckless, monster child, who could not do right? That I was disgrace to my so called father?"

"He actually never said that... I- I didn't really get the whole story."

"Probably because it would cloud your judgement of me. It would keep your perspective in his."

"Well I never really thought you were that bad. At least, as bad as everyone else says. Like, I knew that you wouldn't hurt me when I came in here. Everyone else thought it was a death wish."

"Even after what I had done to you?"

"Yeah. To be honest, I shouldn't be trusting you so much."

"Yet, you do... Interesting. You don't despise me as much as I thought you do." He towers over me, standing a lot closer than usual.

"I guess so." I come to realize that I actually don't hate him as much as I should. He's almost killed me multiple times, he's kept me from being home, and he's been a stubborn little... Person.

But now that's he's told me his story, I can feel pity for him. He's a god of mischief with daddy issues. Someone who's lived as a shadow his whole life... He's more broken than I thought he was.

And out of nowhere Loki's hand is on my neck pulling me closer. His lips meet mine in a strong, forceful kiss. His lips soft, but the way they move rough. I can feel our connection, at it's strongest peak, making each of us extremely vulnerable. A crap load of emotions stir up in my brain, confusion, anger, pity. The emotions I reserve specifically for Loki. But then something else... Something unusual, I can't put my finger on it.

I pull away and breathe deeply. "Wh-" I try to speak. Try to yell at him, but I can't find the words. My heart is racing, and head spinning. He caught me so off guard, I still can't comprehend it.

He stares at me, his blue eyes piercing through me. A combination of lust and shock on his face.

The door slides open and Cap rushes in, opening the cell door for me. I shake my head at Loki before running out towards Cap. He closes the cell door and we make our way out to the control room.

"What the hell was that?" Natasha asks me.

"Maddie, do you know what you just did?" Cap asks me as I stand there in shock.

"That was not her. He kissed her, it's him." Clint defends me.

Everyone starts talking and my brain is going crazy and jumbled, but I need them to shut up. I have to tell them...

"I know... It has to be..." I whisper, only Clint hearing me.

"What?" He asks. They all continue to talk until he shouts, "SHUT UP."

They all go silent, allowing me to speak. "I know where the Tesseract is."