Chapter 45: Let's Go To Court

"What the hell?" He rushes up to the cell quickly opening the door. "I thought everyone was joking!" Joking? Why would me being in jail be a joke? Seriously, don't try to play dumb with me.

I shrug, don't say anything. A scowl is plastered on my face, but it does take a lot of effort to keep it there. He brushes my hair from my face, using his blue eyes to examine me.

"How'd you get here?"

My eyebrows narrow, "how do you think?" He just looks at me, making me tell him. "Don't play dumb Dominick Carisi." His eyes go wide at the use of his full name.

"What?"

"You obviously know why, I'm here. You can't just pretend you didn't set that all up."

"What?" He says again, this time more seriously.

The door opens again and a handsome boy comes in, probably a few more years older than me? His hair is spiked and he has pretty nice facial features.

"Not now Theo." Carisi raises his hand at the boy, the way he does when he's angry at someone. Even though this Theo kid didn't do anything wrong.

"Um- sorry. Is- uh- everything okay?" He asks.

"Theo, please. I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Cap really needs us out there."

"Which Cap?"

"McCall." Gross, he must be one of the people Amaro was talking about. He must be the one assigned to Carisi.

"Well, your captain isn't my captain. So just give me a few minutes." He answers so aggressively. Shit.

"Go." I tell him.

"No, you're gonna tell me what you're talking about." His hand closes around my wrist.

"You're gonna get in trouble." I tell him, yeah I'm mad, but I still care.

"I don't care." He says through his teeth as Theo watches our exchange.

"I'm not gonna tell you right now, so go."

He rolls his eyes and bites the inside of his cheek before standing up. "Fine. You're telling me no matter what." Somehow, he ignores the anger inside of him and places a really hard kiss on my forehead.

He walks out and mutters something causing Theo to raise his eyebrows. He looks at me for a while and I take this as my chance to apologize. "Sorry, he's..." I then realize I don't even need to apologize. This is one of the McCall squad members trying to ruin my life.

"It's okay." He walks up to my cell that feels like a cage. "I'm Theo." he extends his hand out through the bars.

"Maddie." I take his hand, feeling slightly conflicted. He seems so nice... But he works for McCall. But he's nice. "You're the one investigating on my case..." I test the water.

He shrugs, "guess you can say that... But I don't really play a role. Like I don't investigate or anything. I'm just. Here. Yknow?" Okay... So he's just here. "Busy work."

I nod, unsure whether to believe him or not. "Okay."

"I should get out there, it was cool meeting you." He says politely before walking off.

"You too." I mumble. Very, very conflicted.

My mom brings me clothes about an hour later, I'm guessing the hearing is soon. Not that I have a problem with it, I'm tired of this cell.

I change into the black leggings and fancy shirt she picked out for me. I don't see the point in dressing fancy though... Whatever.

Amaro left and Carisi's who knows where. Isaac and Clarke are gone and I'm just here... Waiting to go to court. I'm not allowed to go with my parents so one of the officers have to take me. And I think Barba's meeting me over there.