Foods to Help Calm Anxiety

foods that are GOOD FOR YOU:

- Tryptophan foods (turkey, chicken, milk, oats, cheese, soy, sesame seeds, nuts, peanut butter). Also, Greek yogurt has supplements that the nuts and other previously mentioned foods have too.

- WHOLE grains!

- Omega 3-s. Researchers have found that people on antidepressants who also took Omega 3-s showed more positive results than people who just took regular antidepressants. Also, fish! Salmon, tuna, whatever you like!

- Chamomile, green tea. Tea in general? A nice relaxing cup of tea will help calm your anxiety.

- GUYYYYSSSS CHOCOLATE helps anxiety! Yasss!

- Blueberries. Honestly bananas work a ton! I ate like five in one sitting because I was super super super anxious and I totally mellowed out lol

NO NO FOODS:

- Caffeine. This one is a more obvious one because it gives you more energy and tends to make you more anxious and prone to attacks. For some people, however, small doses help. Just beware of sodas and coffee in general, but you know yourself the best.

- Candy :( (sadness). To quote the website I found it from: "Sugar is absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. The absorption causes an initial high or surge of energy. But that surge wears off as the body increases its insulin production to remove the sugar from your bloodstream. The result: You're left feeling tired and low." at least we still have chocolate! xD

- Alcohol. There are healthier and better alternatives than this! Please do not think that this is your last resort, and be aware of the damaging effects it could have on you. Be mindful and safe of what you let inside your body, and if you are feeling so anxious/depressed that you feel no other option, please try some of these foods or simply talking to someone, exercising, watching a good movie, anything but that! You deserve better, and are better than that too.

Feel free to leave anything else in the comments!

Sources:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/anxiety-pictures/anxiety-foods-that-help-foods-that-hurt-0118.aspx

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20669377,00.html

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/treatment/7-foods-that-fight-anxiety