A bit more about me

My pseudonym on this account is Charlie, my actual name/location I'll never reveal, just because I like the whole having a different identity thing. Plus, if I stay anonymous I can help more people that way!

But the whole reason for the anonymity thing is so I can tell my story to my fellow internet friends bit by bit.

For starters (as I progress with this book I'll write more about me, because trust me, I have quite a story to tell), I have suffered depression and insomnia. There are more things, but I'm taking this slow..

I mean clinically now.

I would lie in bed for days straight and I felt completely hopeless. I was terrified to sleep for a long time too.

But!!!!

I've been feeling better lately and have reached out to people for help. I no longer feel shame to tell people what I'm feeling.

And you know how it starts?

Literally Just telling someone you trust, and then tell an adult.

My parents were not at all happy to find out the truth about me, but sometimes we have to sacrifice for our own survival.

If any of you need someone to talk, I tell you with a heaviness in my heart to please talk about it! I would hate for you to become another teen statistic, because you are more than a number.

In fact, you are so special and have so much worth. I know your thinking, What does this random person on the internet know about me? My life?

But we all have something in common: we are human! And deep down, we are all the same. Yet we are all so different. We are each unique yet alike.

You are loved and cherished, so never forget that.

I love you <3 :)
~Charlie Smiles