Medicine Check

I walk along the narrow hall, making my way to the lounge with Jill. It was too long for her and I to get pretty close, especially with the Dan and Joey situation going on.

"So you're telling me, your friend knows about Dan through an article that was connected to the asylum?" She scoffs.

"Basically," I straighten my back.

"No offense, but that's bullshit right there," she says while we both enter the room, eyes gazing upon all the patients.

We make our way behind the medicine counter, organizing everyone's medication.

"I mean, in a way I do kind of believe him. When I was searching for a job, he helped me look for a place to work at, and he did do research on all of them. What I don't understand is how could he find an article about Dan, when A, when I searched up the place I didn't get any articles about any of the patients, and B, why would the asylum bring in people to interview Dan?" I place the tray of medicine on the counter.

Jill meets her lips with the microphone besides her, "May all patients aline near the medicine counter, immediately."

I sigh, "what do you think I should do?"

"Well, you can always..."

"Always, what?" I question.

"Never mind, I don't want to give you any ideas, let alone encourage this one," she faces the stand as patients arrive, receiving their meds.

"Tell me, please," I beg.

She breathes out heavily through her nose, "if you think about it, the only way to get a clear answer is if you ask the beast himself, but that could never happen."

Half way through serving each patient I gasp, "That's a marvelous idea!"

"Bella, no! It's too dangerous, plus if you get caught, you could lose your job; you just started here, you don't wanna search for another job again, do you?" She says panicky.

"Helloo!!" Patient Lester arrives at the stand.

"Good morning Mr Lester, had a good night sleep?" Jill automatically smiles.

"Yes ma'am! I had a dream where my hair was cotton candy!" He smiles bigger than ever.

"That sounds lovely Philip, now you have to take these again or you know what will happen if you don't," Jill whispers.

Phil gasps, "the crayon monster will take all my crayons!"

"Exactly! You can't do that to them Phil, take these!" She hands over the paper material shot glass cup to him.

He dry swallows the pills, making a disgusted face. "I didn't like that," he pouts.

"But was it worth it?" Jill asks.

"Yes!" Phil smiles again, walking off to meet with his crayons placed on the corner table.

"Well.." I sigh, backing away the the back of the room.

"You can't Bell, it's too dangerous," she repeats. "But for the sake of your life with your boy toy..." She sighs, "I'll help."

"Thank you!" I pull Jill in for a quick hug and she laughs.

I'm happy I can finally have my questions answered, but will it be worth facing my worst nightmare again?

— unedited, next chapter should be longer! thanks for all of the support, guys. xo dumbpickle.

— update: 200 reads??? already??? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! how did we get over 100 reads in one day wtf thats crazy! thank you thank you thank you, i am so happy! i love you all so much! thanks for all the comments and votes 💕