Chapter Twenty Six

"Harry?" Liam turns to look at the hospital bed and, sure enough, Harry is lying awake staring at Louis, Niall and Liam.  "Oh, my fuck, Harry!" Liam stumbles to his feet and falls into Harry, sobbing into his shoulder.

"Get out," Harry whispers.

Liam pulls back to look at Harry, both of their faces streaked with tears. "What? Harry, I'm-"

"You heard me, I said get out! I don't care that you're sorry, do you see what you've done? Do you see where I am? Where your child is? And- oh my God. Where is Presley? Where is my baby?!" Harry starts to panic, his heart monitor going off which makes two nurses rush into the room. They look relieved, though, when they see Harry is awake.

"Oh, Mister Payne! We're so happy to see you up, let me go get your doctor!" One of the nurses says and the other checks to make sure Harry is okay.

"Where is my baby?!" Harry asks the nurse as she adjusts his pillows.

"Little Miss Presley is in the nursery right now. She's such a beautiful baby girl and she's so excited to meet her Daddies," the nurse says, smiling at Liam, too.

"Daddies? You haven't gone to see her?" Harry asks Liam who is silently crying as he texts Marcel to come pick up Louis because he and Harry have some things to talk about.

"I wanted to wait for you," Liam mumbles, looking longingly at Harry.

Harry shakes his head and lies back. The doctor walks into the room, a relieved sigh coming from Harry because now he can know what happened without talking to Liam.

"Hi, Harry. How are you? I'm Doctor Reynolds," he says, holding his hand out for Harry to shake.

"Hi, Doctor Reynolds. I'm a little sore. Can you tell me what happened?"

Doctor Reynolds nods and sits on one of the chairs by Harry's bed. "So, you were in a car accident. Your car flipped and you suffered from brain swelling, which is almost completely down to its normal size. You have a minor spinal fracture and you will be wearing a brace for about five more weeks. And your c-section scar is healed."

"What about my babies?"

"As you can see, Niall has a few gashes on his face. There were two pieces of glass in his face which we had to surgically remove. He has a small crack in his skull but he has no brain damage. We aren't sure when he will wake up though. And Presley is healing phenomenally. She is off of her feeding tube and is breathing on her own. She has made wonderful progress," Doctor Reynolds smiles reassuringly, which makes Harry relax a little.

"Thank you so much for taking care of us, Doctor Reynolds," Harry whispers, looking over at Liam who nods along.

"Of course, it's been a pleasure. But, I'm going to need you to stay for at least another week and then maybe we can think about releasing you."

"Okay, thank you."

Once the doctor leaves, the room is silent until Marcel and Zayn come to pick Louis up. Marcel cries over Harry for about thirty minutes until he calms down and decides to leave so things between Liam and Harry can be settled.

"Harry, baby, I am so fucking sorry. I can't- I can't believe that I did what I did. I just-" Liam chokes on his tears, sobbing into Niall's shoulder because Harry won't let him touch him.

"Why did you do it, Liam? Why did you keep coming home at two o'clock in the morning? Why did you think Presley wasn't yours? Why did you tell me Niall wasn't mine? Why did you choke me? What happened to you? You aren't the man I fell in love with," Harry sobs.