Chapter Twenty Four

An hour after Harry and Niall leave, Liam has showered and snuggled up under the covers, sad and a little more sober.

He realizes what he's done, kind of, and he can't believe he said all of those horrid things to his husband and touched him like he did.

Liam hears a knock on the front door and then the doorbell ringing and groans, because, really, he's been out drinking all night and he just wants to sleep. He kicks the covers off of himself and slowly gets out of bed, opening his bedroom door and walking into the hall.

On his way to the stairs, he passes by his baby girl's nursery, which is like a punch in the gut when he thinks about how he may never be able to see her grow up because of the mistakes he's made.

He still continues down the stairs, though, and when he opens the front door, two police officers are standing in front of him. Panic rises and he immediately thinks of the worst situations.

"Liam Payne?" One of the officers asks. He nods his head, unable to open his mouth in fear of vomit coming out. "I'm afraid there's been an accident involving your husband, son and unborn child-"

His fears are confirmed and he hears nothing else the officer says. He barely notices himself putting on shoes and being led out to a car then on the way to the hospital.

~~~~

Liam has been sitting in a waiting area in the emergency room for who knows how long. He hasn't spoken, hasn't made a phone call because he left his phone at home, and even if he had, he probably wouldn't be able to talk anyway.

A doctor or nurse hasn't come to him with any information, either. So he has no idea what's going on with Harry, Niall or the baby. A police officer did stay with him for a while, and if Liam had to guess, he left about an hour ago. He did ask a nurse if there was any news before he left, but she had no information, much to Liam's dismay

Liam glances at the clock, and assumes he left the house at around nine or so. It's nearing one now, meaning he's been at the hospital for about four hours, clueless and scared.

An hour and seventeen minutes later, a doctor comes out the emergency room doors, going to the nurses station. She signals to Liam and the doctor turns around, making his way to him.

"Mister Payne?" He asks, folding his hands in front of him with a file kept protected in them. Liam nods and stands up, looking at the doctor with hopeful eyes. "I'm Doctor Reynolds," he says, holding out his hand which Liam reluctantly takes.

"Are my husband and kids okay? What happened?" He asks, voice hoarse.

"They were involved in a severe car accident. Your husband and son's side of the car was hit on the front end, causing the car to roll over onto its back. When the ambulance arrived to the accident, they were both unconscious. Right now, they are both being moved to the ICU. Harry is suffering from brain edema, or swelling. He hit his head pretty hard, causing his brain to swell and he is now in a coma."

"When will he wake up?" Liam asks, tears pouring down his face.

"You can never tell, it could be days, weeks, months... But he's also suffering from a minor spinal fracture, which should heal on its own."

"What about the baby? Is she okay?"

"Your little girl was born at nine-thirty-seven this morning. There was no way she, nor Harry, could have survived if we didn't deliver her right away. She is in the NICU right now, attached to a feeding and breathing tube. She was fairly small, only three pounds and seven ounces. She will be fine, though, she's stable."

Liam places a hand over his mouth and sobs into it, imaging his little girl entering the world in such a horrible situation. "What about Niall?"

The doctor sighs and runs a hand through his hair, making Liam nearly collapse. "He's recovering from surgery right now. There was a large piece of glass at the top of his skull running down to his ear and another in his opposite cheekbone. We had to surgically remove both pieces of glass. The surgery was hard on his body and the crack in his skull may have caused brain damage. We are running an MRI and CAT scan in an hour to look at his brain. His heart stopped beating briefly but we were able to revive him. Even now, Mister Payne, there is no guarantee that he will survive."

Liam is speechless. It feels as if his heart has been ripped out of his chest and his body has been cut into millions of pieces. "When can I see them?" He asks when he is able to breath properly.

"They are in the same room, I'll take you to them if you'd like." Liam nods and soon he is following the doctor down the hallway where they get on an elevator. Five minutes later, Liam is staring at his son and husband, all bandaged and bruised.

"Mister Payne, I think you should call someone, there is a phone on the table," a nurse tells him as she checks Niall's heart beats.

Liam nods and rings Marcel, who says he is already on his way and tells Liam that he will call both of their parents.

"Would you like to see your daughter, Mister Payne?" Another nurse asks as she adds more fluid to Harry's IV drip.

"No, I want to wait for Harry," he says, tracing his hand lightly over Harry's face. The nurse nods and leaves with the other. "Harry, I'm so fucking sorry. I need you to wake up, I need to see our daughter with you and I need you with me to comfort Niall. This is all my fault, I'm the worst husband in the world," he sobs. "I'm so fucking sorry. Please wake up... I don't expect you to stay married to me, I wouldn't. I'm such a horrible person, look what I've done," Liam doesn't know what he's saying, he keeps rambling off apologies and sobs into Harry's shoulder.

He grabs Niall's hand as well, placing a kiss on his son's forehead. "Daddy is so sorry, baby. It's all his fault. Niall, Daddy loves you so much, baby..." 

"Mister Payne?" A nurse walks in a few minutes later after knocking on the door.

"Yes?" Liam asks with bloodshot eyes.

"I'm filling out your baby girl's cot card. Is there a name you and your husband have picked out that you would like me to write on it?"

"Presley... Presley Morgan Payne." Liam is happy for two seconds thinking of his baby girl, until he hears the sound of Niall's heart monitor going off.

~~~~

Ayyyyye.

I didn't update earlier cause I didn't really get the reaction I was expecting, sorry. I was expecting more people to freak out.

But here it is

The baby's name is Presley Morgan which I think is super cute

EVERYONE SHOULD GO CHECK OUT MY NEW LILO BOOK. ITS CALLED FOR YOUR PLEASURE. I UPDATED TODAY GO CHECK IT OUT

GUYS PLS COMMENT PLS

This book doesn't have that many chapters left, only about twoish idk

BUT IM DOING A SPINOFF

OKAY VOTE COMMENT FAN SHARE

LOVE YOUGKZIFMRKn

~~ Gracie