Chapter Thirteen

It's a horrible day, one of the worst Liam has ever experienced. It's the day Niall starts school. He's going to be in year one and Liam is dreading it, even more so than Harry.

"Babe, he'll be fine," Harry tells Liam. They're laying in bed early in the morning, Liam's head on Harry's chest as Harry runs his fingers through his hair.

Liam sighs, clenching his eyes shut. "He'll be fine up until the day his classmates get old enough to understand what it means to have two dads. And he's so dependent on us, kids won't like that..."

"Liam, people are going to love Niall. He's funny and when he laughs, people laugh along with him, he'll do great."

Liam sighs again and sits up. "I suppose we should wake him up, yeah?"

Harry nods and stands up from the bed, walking to the closet to pull on a pair of boxers. Liam does the same and soon enough, they're both heading to Niall's room to wake him up.

"Niall, it's time to get up. It's the first day of school..." Harry says kneeling beside Niall and running his fingers through his hair.

"No, Papa, go away," Niall mumbles with his eyes still closed and buries his face deeper into his pillow.

"Niall, it's time to get up, baby," Liam says this time, kneeling on the other side of the bed.

"Go away!" Niall pushes both Liam and Harry's faces away and snuggles into the covers.

"Time for the tickle monster..."

~~~~

"Do I have to go?" Niall asks from the backseat.

"No..." Liam says, focusing on the road. Harry pinches his arm, making him screech, "Ow, fuck, Harry!"

"Daddy, bad word!"

"Yes, Niall, you do have to go. Don't you want to make friends?" Harry turns around in his seat to smile at Niall.

"No, I have Louis. He'll do."

Harry chuckles and turns back around. "I'll tell you this, how about you go this week and if you absolutely dread it, you can go back to homeschooling. Deal?"

"Deal."

"We're here," Liam says, turning off the car.

"No, deal, I don't want to go!" Niall I says and locks his door back when Liam unlocks it.

Harry gets out and tries to open Niall's door, giving him a look when he finds it's locked. "Niall, open the door, baby."

"No, Papa!" Niall says, crossing his arms.

"Niall, open."

"Papa, no."

"Niall."

"Papa."

"Open."

"No."

"Liam, I'm going to spank this kid! Get him out of the car!" Liam gets out of the front seat, taking the keys so he can unlock the car from the outside. "Thank you!" Harry opens the door and unbuckles Niall's booster seat.

"No, Papa, no!" He shouts when Harry pulls him out.

Harry gives Liam a look because why isn't he doing anything? "Sh, baby, calm down." Harry rests Niall on his hip, kissing his forehead as Niall cries into his shoulder. Harry gives Liam another look, this one making it look like he's about to cry himself. "I think we should go home... He's not ready."

Harry goes to put Niall back in the car but he whines, clutching harder onto Harry's shirt.

Harry changes his mind, getting in the passenger seat and rocks Niall back and forth. Liam kisses Niall's forehead before he pecks Harry's lips. "I'm going to go... un-enroll him? If that's even a thing..."

Liam comes back nearly an hour later to find both Niall and Harry asleep, Harry's lips attached to Niall's forehead. "Harry, baby, give me Niall so we can go home."

Harry opens his eyes and nods, releasing Niall. "Guess he can stay a baby a little while longer."

And that sounds good to Liam.