Chapter 15- Russian Diamonds

Reina POV

2 months later, after 3 weeks bed rest thanks to my over protective boyfriend, I was back up on my feet and feeling a lot better.

He was finally allowing to start doing things again; but after a week in bed he knew I needed my laptop so I had been working on a multi cultural database about the top runners of the business world.

I was 5th, with Eisuke being 6th. That of course pissed him off, but if he wanted to be a top runner he was going to need to step up the investment projects he invests in.

Frustrating part of all of this? 2nd top runner was Mr. Widow.

Why can't they just let me destroy him already? I sigh and put my laptop down. I stretch and a little nugget of pain hits me.

"Traditionalists.." I mutter and get up to go and get a drink.

"Reina?" Soryu asks as I open the refrigerator. 

"Yes sweet?" I ask smiling at him.

He avoids my gaze and asks, "You're coming to the auction tonight right?"

"Yes..is everything okay?"

"Yeah."

"Omelette before you go? Or to go?" I ask sweetly.

"No, thank you."

"Oh really? Okay." I reply and go to kiss him on the cheek.

Soryu, who ignored my attempt to kiss him, says goodbye and leaves the room.

"That was weird."

"Samejima!" I cry, jumping out of skin.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" Samejima says with an evil smile.

"Yes! No breakfast for you!" I say and he pouts. "But it was weird wasn't it?"

"He's not like that with you usually." he observes.

"No...he's not." I begin to worry, even though I knew Soryu and I were solid.

Soryu POV

Oh god I loved her. I loved her so much it was painful. How was I going to do this?!

I was going to propose.

I had measured her ring finger while she slept in my arms and realised the ring on the Ice Dragon bloodline of Oh fit her.

Coincidence?  It was as if my grandmother, her grandmother and the one before hers were approving of Reina.

Nuts of course, but she was just so... easy to love. She was everything I needed and I was terrified I'd get this wrong.

So I turned to the only people I could.

Yes.

I know...Stupid.

Now I was sat in an auction cage ready to be sold. God, she's going to think I'm nuts.

Thinking back I knew they must have been making a joke, but I had needed something so shocking and unexpected she would never forget it.

Well, mission accomplished.

Was she going to even say yes? I hoped so. Prayed for.

30 minutes to go... she'd be up there now.

I hear the blasting music of the auction beginning and swallow my fear.

Reina POV

I hadn't seen Soryu all day, since this morning he had gone AWOL. I was worried sick, to the point of as I come down into the VIP area I didn't even feel up to the auction.