Chapter 2- The Deal

Soryu's POV

Walking through the penthouse my phone had been ringing constantly, its mere ringtone angering me now. The deal with the Viper mafia group had been taking up my nights and my days, its details being arranged, rearranged and finally finalised.

The goal was to join together to eventually take down another mafia group, whose values both parties disagree with. The Black Widows have been always  greedy and cruel, but the game changed when they began killing local members of the Ice Dragon and endangering regular people for gain.

My phone rings, and I grip it tightly with my hand, "Oh." I say into the handheld.

"Sir-" a Viper member's voice sounds, "-members of the Black Widow group have been spotted taking a female."

"Any significance to us?" I ask, running through all of the mafia leader's daughters in my head.

"Not that I can tell, seems to be just a regular female, Sir."

"Why bother then?"

"I'm not sure Sir, shall I take special interest in it?" he asks, ready for orders.

"Yes, keep an eye on them. If they begin threatening ordinary citizens it's even further reason for us to proceed quickly."

"Of course Mr Oh." Van says, ready to end the conversation.

"Send my regards to Gaichi Viper." I say, ending the call.

I rub the bridge of my nose, missing the days where it was just Inui, Samejima  and I. Both mafia groups now have representatives in the other to ensure no foul play. Van was ours, a capable and bright guy with a nasty temper.

As I come into the living space, Baba is a yap dog with no tail with the way he greets me; women on his lap and glass of champagne in hand. I go over to the sofa, greeting Violet and Eisuke with Daichi in their arms.

They look so happy, and although they have their house they still come and stay the night here on occasion.

I remember back to a time when Eisuke hadn't been so on top, where on the stairs he broke down as each one of us in this room left him. I was so god damn proud of the father he's become today- not that I ever plan on telling him.

I watch as Daichi coos at me, "So-Sorieeee" he gurgles, his big hazel eyes reaching for mine.

"I think he wants his uncle Soryu." Violet says, biting her lip with a hopeful expression.

I lift the little Boss from her and have his chubby hands reaching for my face. "Now now, Daichi, I have to work." I plead.

"Sorrrieee-" the little face so happy turns sad, his bottom lip trembling.

"Oh no, he's giving you the lip thing." Ota says.

"No one can resist that kid when he does that lip thing." Mamoru says, who was now permanently  banned from smoking indoors.

"I have to go, my little Boss, but I did bring you this." I say, holding up his favourite snack.

His face melts again, and I return him to Violet as he munches on the yogurt.  I go into my room, pouring myself a whiskey I take my tie off slightly.

"Boss?" Inui sounds, from his bedroom he shares with Samejima.

"Food Inui." I call out, my headache increasing.

"Yes Sir! For us too?" He asks hopeful.

"Yes."

After finishing up dinner, my underlings and I finish paperwork for a further 3 hours and while taking a break we run through auction and hotel security.

"10 booking booked in today, 2 were unplanned by the names of Troky and Rankie, Sir." Samejima says plainly.

"Keep an eye on them." I say assertively.

"Yes Sir." he replies.

___

A few hours later I was sat with the group, sipping on my drink for a small break. Van bursts into the room, in his hands an envelope.

"Did you get an image on the kidnapped female?" I ask, sitting up.

"A blurred one Sir, it seems the feed for their security cameras is being blocked."
And
"Them?"

"No, an external source."

"But you saw her, correct?" I inquire.

"Yes Sir."

"That's good enough."

"But we have a problem Sir-"

"What?" I growl, too tired for this.

"She was seen... escaping."