Chapter 8- The First Fight

Reina POV

The plan to infiltrate the Black Widow HQ took two separate teams and although I had gotten them in and out easily, they had been ambushed on the way out.

5 had been killed, all Viper, and the leaders were on edge.

It wasn't my plan and it wasn't my intention but I feel more guilty as they were put there by me. As soon as it came through the room had gone crazy, people springing into action; the room alive with moment and sound.

Someone should have seen this coming. They could have just let me ruin Widows influence and then gone to attack but it had to be done the 'traditional way'. I hadn't wanted to help them but I wanted to make Soryu feel better.

Standing now, in Soryu's room at the hotel around hours of meetings and redrafting plans to attack.

Why couldn't they just let me handle it?!

Sleep deprived and itching along the edge of starvation my mood was dire, as was Soryu's apparently.

"We did all we could and 5 of Vipers men still get killed." Soryu says shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I tried Soryu." I say apologetically, unsure of what to do.

"You should have tried harder." he glares at me from across the room.

Excuse me? My inner bitch rearing her ugly head.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You have the best technological mind in the world and you couldn't save them? Bollocks."

"How can you say that-"

"You're only good at saving yourself. Now Vipers thinks we want to bring them down!"

"Don't you dare blame this on me!"

"I asked you to help us!" he shouts, raising his voice.

"I TRIED SORYU." I say, putting my arms across my chest to protect myself. How could I have known!?

"Of course you did. You plan this maybe? Working with Widows perhaps?"

"I never wanted to help you! I wanted to me left alone! But I tried and that's all I could do!" I scream.

"Oh, is that how it is?" he asks, his face becoming a mask to lose all of its emotion.

"No...I-I wanted that but now.. -" "What now?" "-I don't know Soryu! What exactly are you expecting from us?"

"Us?" as if the kisses we shared meant nothing. Of course- this was something he did regularly.

I had, had enough of his face. We got into the elevator, travelling down the high amount of floors.

"You're so cold and...cruel!" I scream at him, throwing back the necklace he had given me; of a dragon charm on a simple chain.

"Perhaps take a look at yourself before taking shots at me." he glares catching it.

"Like what." I say, my eyes turning lifeless.

"Maybe you should wear contacts, oh and patterned shirts aren't working for you!" he shouts, growling at me.

I recoil, "I-I thought you liked my eyes." I had, had enough and picked up my bag ready to leave his condo.

"Reina." he says, shoving a hand through his hair, exasperated.

"Leave me alone." I say in a quiet voice.

"No."

"I was nothing to you." I whisper, shaking my head at my own ignorance.

"Please as if I was anything but another guy to you. Just another kiss." he sneers, truly evil now.

I couldn't help myself but to bring my hand over his face and slap him hard. His shocked face comes back and I sneer at him, in the coldest voice I can manage, "That was my first. Asshole!"

"W-wh...Reina please stay, I'm just stressed and you know this isn't me. I'm sorry I didn't mean what I said." he pleads, the hand in his hair once more.

" You are nothing of the man I thought you were. So, no. Goodbye Mr. Oh you proved that Ice Dragons really are the coldest Mafia group there is."

"Reina!" he sneers, as the elevator dings for ground floor.

"Get away from me or I'll scream bloody murder." I say entering the foyer.

And he does. He stops walking and allows me to walk on, walking through the haze of people in the hotel.

I turn back only because I want to remember my hatred, or so I tell myself, and sob as I see his pained face.

"Goodbye my Dragon." I whisper and head out of the door.

Soryu POV

It had been three weeks since then. Three weeks since I had seen my hackers face, three weeks since I had kissed her and three weeks since I had screwed up.

I had lost her. The pain was too much and the missing her. Oh the missing her; I couldn't drink whiskey and I couldn't watch the detective show. I missed her smell and her omelettes. I just missed... her.

It hadn't been her fault and I had blamed all that on her. "Damn it."

"Boss?" Inui asks.

"Yes?"

"Is Reina coming soon?"

"She's awesome" Samejima adds with a smile I don't see often.

"I messed it up with her."

"Oh." Inui says, his head down.

"It's a shame, you two were good together." Van says, staying with us despite being a Viper.

"W-what are yo-"

"Don't deny it." Samejima says sternly. "We saw the way you were with her. She was different to other women."

"Yes... yes she was." I say, stroking the necklace she had thrown back at me.

Was. Damn that hurt.