Chapter 4 - A Night to Remember

Reina POV

It seems as though the IVC is a cover for the real entertainment, the auction in the basement. Following through the crowd I find a mask that is permitted for every auction and put it on over my dress.

I was wearing a lace dress, its deep navy blue good against my skin tone. It didn't make me nervous, and I could easily deal with a situation if it came to it.

Hiding my weapons and finally my watch in a fashionable bracelet I head into what I assume to be the entrance to the auction. Several other groups have broken off and headed this way with me.

Once at a large red curtain we are stopped and asked for ID, I give my fake name and an ID card as Eve Rankie.

Once after that everyone is placed in seats, and a huge display begins. The auction pieces sell for 3 million, 7 million and upwards of 100 million.

The room was magnificant, it's huge features shining with pride as the auction goes on. The Mad Hatter was amazing at bringing up the price, his face alive and inviting.

Looking at the items for sale, I see stolen art, masterpieces, operations and body organs. I shake my head, thinking it was good thing I didn't have money concerns. To pay an original fee to enter this room and then to buy something could break a mans bank.

What I can only assume are mafia underlings guard the doors and rows of stairs toward the bathrooms and other doors of interest.

How could no one find this? I wonder to myself. Perhaps Mamoru Kishi is a better asset that what I originally gave him credit for.

As the auction finishes everyone takes off their masks and puts them aside. I do the same and head into the foyer.

Soryu POV

"Sir!" Van's voice sounds from the sercuity line.

"What is it?"

"She's here! She was in the auction!"

"Who?"

"The girl who got kidnapped she's here Sir!"

Unbelievable. Not only did this girl manage to get away from the most viscous mafia group since the Crimson Swords but she's now enjoying leisure time?

"Bring her up. Don't cause a scene." Soryu says, rubbing his eyes together.

"Is something wrong Sor?" Violet asks, her face of worry and concern.

"Yes, could you all put your masks on, Violet take Daichi out I don't want him around when I don't know the level of danger." I say, looking at the cooing kid.

Violet nods and walks up the stairs, the other guys putting their masks on.

"You running the show, Soryu?" Eisuke asks, his face hidden behind the purple mask.

"Yes."

"Okay."

Reina POV

Walking through the corridor, I am stopped by a man in a muscle shirt. "The auction managers want to see you." he says, his eyes narrowing.

"I haven't done anything wrong." I say, taking a step back.

Wrong move as two more come from behind me, taking my arms lightly.

"Okay, don't baby sit me-" I pout, hoping they buy the rich pampered daughter routine.

The men relax and I laugh inside, hoping if I play along with all this they relax more giving me a chance to leave.