Chapter 13- A Lost Spirit Revived

Soryu POV

Inside the examination room, Soryu watched as the love of his life lie on the hospital bed with no heartbeat.

None.

"Reina Black, time of death- 7.31pm"

Van, Inui and Samejima come in as the doctors leave, their faces of remorse; as if they see the severing of a special connection.

"Sir-"

"NO! SHE CANNOT DIE ON ME!" I scream, kicking the chair back, the object breaking at my wrath.She was the only one who could ever have made me love someone. Ever have given me a marriage... and kids. She would have had my children.

"Soryu-"Inui says, his voice a rasp as he attempts to catch my shoulder to pull me away from my deceased girlfriend.

But I was already next to her body, her body that was already turning cold.

"NO! Wake up! Wake up Reina PLEASE!" I beg, even though I knew she wasn't in there anymore, I take my hands and begin to pump on her chest.

"Beat damn it! BEAT!" I cry in utter hopelessness. My soul was turning black, I need her light, I needed her  to save me!

"BOSS!" Samejima shouts in utter horror, but I carry out.

"Please... please just beat!" I beg, my voice cracking.

Inui grabs me as I cry out, the tears I had held back for 20 years spilling down my face. All three were holding me back, my heart exploding with emotion I had refused to feel for so long.

Until the machine has a small, little, tiny blip and every head turns to stare at it. It beats again and they let me go.

I stand there, numb as the beat echoes. "Reina?"

Van crosses the room, toward the bed and pulls me to her.

"Sir, every 20 I pump down give her two rescue breathes." Van instructs looking me in the eye with full confidence, having been taught CPR as a body guard for Damen.

"Samejima get the doctor." Inui says, his eyes locked. "We can take it the pumps in turn Van."

For 5 minutes, we attempt to get my girls heart beating again. My mouth giving her breathes as the boys hit down on her chest, my girls ribs giving out. I just hoped we weren't hurting her.

"Please." I whisper, giving her my breath again.

As the doctors come in, mumbling about a waste of time this all was, until they hear the small heartbeat we had gotten from her.

They spring into action taking over and making the blip stronger, and stronger until it was a slow but steady beat. "We got a fighter!" the doctor exclaims as he nurses work around him.  I collapse on the same chair I had been sat in when she died and Van slides down the wall. 

"Princess...stay a little longer. Just.. fight a little more." Inui says still above her body but soon he and Samejima join Van on the floor beside my chair. 

The doctors getting a steady beat, turns the bed to begin moving, "We're taking her to surgery now!"

As the doctors begin transporting the precious cargo, me and my underlings follow like bodyguards as she is lead to a new hope. The surgery was going to save her... it had to.

Reina POV

I awake, my body aching the bones hurting with my chest on fire. I look around, my eyes not quite open fully. As I see the surgery room I groan and look down, my chest have a bandage that misses both breasts before dipping tightly below the curves.

I remember very little, but being called and then thrown back as I heard my Dragon calling for me. I had come back from whenever I had been going and ended up back in this room, back to fighting.

I shift and find its too painful, the beeping of the monitor giving me a damn headache.

I lift again and manage to get upright before a nurse comes in. Her eyes widen and she rushes to me.

"Miss! You shouldn't even be awake... let alone upright!" she cries.

"I'm fine... just... get that to stop." I beg, rubbing my head. She puts the machine on silent and checks my details before calling the doctor.

"Why shouldn't I be awake?"

"You've only been out of surgery for a day!" she cries, utterly horrified.

"But... I feel...okay." I say, trying to get off the bed.

"No! It's fine to sit up but you got shot a few cm from your heart! You need to rest."

"I want Soryu." I say in a whisper.

"If you just lie down, I'll go get him...deal?" she says, exasperated.

"Deal."

She leaves, and another nurse comes in after, replacing what I assume is the morphine tap in my arm.

Everything hurt, the sort of pain you get that makes you remember every joint of your body as it's highlighted when you turn.

The morphine that slips into me relieves very little of the pain, but gives a numbing affect that is better than before.

"Reina?" Soryu's voice calls as he stays by the door, hesitant to enter.

"Soryu...come...I-I need you." I beg and he comes forward in a rush. "I love you."

"God.. I love you." he says and kisses my hair, my cheek and my lips. "I-I... thought I had lost you."

"No-" I say and hold him as his voice cracks.

"I did, you were officially dead for 3 minutes." he whispers, head in his hands on the chair beside me.

Woah...shit.

"I...I'm back Soryu." I whisper and squeeze his hands.

"Thank everything that is good and holy." he mumbles and takes a deep breath. "They said you've been making a rapid recovery, so when you woke up it was a shock but not utterly surprising."

"I feel like hell.." I giggle, my throat dry.

"Reina.." he says, scratching his neck. He had something to tell me. Something big.

"Are Inui and Samejima okay?" I say in a rush, my senses on full alert.

"Yes, they're fine."

"The others?" he still wouldn't look at me.

"Yes."

"So why can't you look at me?" I ask, the feeling of dread replacing the numbness, like a fresh coat of paint.

"I need to talk to you about someone else." he says in a small voice.

Someone else?