Chapter 4: Swimming in My Thoughts

"As we celebrate our victory against Kronos' army, we must remember to be careful. Even though the labyrinth is destroyed, they'll be looking for more weak points to penetrate the camp. But enough of that. We have two new campers today. Their names are Addison and Tyler Williams. Miss Williams is a daughter of Amphitrite, and Tyler is undetermined. Greet the campers warmly and make them feel at home," Chiron instructed.

A collective cheer went up and Tyler and I stood, smiling at all of the demigods that were now, family. Finally. Tyler waved at me from the Hermes table, and I waved back from the Poseidon table. We sat back down and everyone resumed eating and talking. I stood and scraped my plate into the brazier, as I muttered "For Amphitrite, with hope of answers,".

Everyone cleared out of the Mess Hall and gathered around the campfire. I decided to head to my cabin, located on the lake. It was made out of wood, fixtured with driftwood detail, painted in all shades of blue. It was two storeys , despite its outside appearance of one floor. The interior walls were made of beige driftwood, and decorated with shells and paintings of the beach. I noticed there was a staircase leading into the basement. 

"A basement? Hopefully it's a game room," I smiled as I descended downwards.

I never would've guessed what the basement really was. A second cabin, but underwater. As I swam around in the clear water, I saw a hallway made of stone. I swam into the hallway, lit by luminescent jellyfish and sea spines. 

I emerged in a coral reef, not twenty feet from the shore. I laughed and watched the silvery bubbles escape my mouth. I swam as fast as I could, swishing around and leaping into the night air. 

After an hour of relaxing, I swam back to my capin and slept in the underwater compartment, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Like seriously. Shortest chapter ever, I know. This is mainly a filler chapter. I promise it gets better next chapter. Sorry for the major editing! It'll make sense soon. 

xoxo

ginger :)