I had to get my memory of the end of mine and Harry’s relationship and of our breakup back. I know it will have a drastic effect on my decision but I don’t think I’ll be able to make one without it.

The tricky part was finding a way of getting it back. I continued pacing back and forth as I tried to think of a way to get it back. I could look through Twitter and Facebook to try and trigger my memory but that would be too much work going through all of the tweets and pictures. 

And then I thought of the times that I got my memory back when I was with Niall. The time that Niall was on top of me tickling me the night that we spent a day together watching The Big Bang Theory, the memory of him teaching me to skateboard and then falling on top of me when we crashed came back to me. And then when we had to sing Gotta Be You in the restaurant made me remember the time that Niall sang the same song to me from my front yard.

I realized that being in similar situations as those forgotten memories brings them back. So now the only way I can get the memories of Harry back is to basically reenact a certain memory with him. But since I don’t remember anything, there was only one thing I could do. And doing this will either be the best thing or the worst thing I could do.

Before I could change my mind, I grabbed my keys and quietly left the house. I got into my car and headed to Harry’s house. 

It felt like seconds had gone by when I reached Harry’s place and I parked in his driveway before getting my phone and dialing his number.

*RING* *RING*

My heart thumped against my chest, getting louder and louder after each ring.

*RING* *RING*

I was about to hang up when a voice came from the other end.

“Hello?” Harry’s voice was low and scratchy.

I couldn’t seem to make words come out of my mouth.

I heard some movement from Harry’s end, sounding like he was getting up.

“Isla, is that you? Why are you calling me at…” He paused, most likely looking at the time. “…4:30 in the morning? Is everything alright?”

I cleared my throat. “Yes, everything’s fine. Umm…I was just…I was wondering if we could…talk.”

I heard him yawn.

“I’m so sorry for waking you up. I should have waited until later. Oh shoot, I forgot that you have work. I’m sorry, I’ll leave now and let you sleep again.”

“Leave? What do you mean, leave?”

I mentally hit myself at my slip-up.

“I’m kind of in your driveway right now.”

Scuffling could be heard through the phone, followed by slow footsteps before I looked up to see a light being turned on and Harry’s figure appearing on the window looking down at me.

“I’ll be down in a second, come meet me in the front door.”

“Okay.”

He hung up before he walked away from the window, out of sight. I took a deep breath before I stepped out of the car and headed to the front door. I waited patiently until Harry opened the door a few seconds later. I was glad that he decided to put a shirt on but his just-got-out-of-bed hair and sleepy eyes was not helping my situation.

“Come in,” he said, giving me a small smile.

I stepped inside and took a couple of steps before I stopped to wait for Harry as he closed the door.