Chapter 4

Before I could react to the feeling of Percys hand squeezing back someone burst through the door. I looked up to see the seven including Nico with teary eyes and worried expressions. Especially Annabeth who had tears already running down her cheeks. She rushed toward Percys side first, crying onto the bed and holding Percys other hand. I was kind of surprised to see Nico came as well but Nico did consider Percy as a friend or something like that. Nico looked like he might be on the verge of tears as well. He walked towards Percys bed, looking like he might break if he got too close. Tears were starting to grow at the corners of his eyes but he quickly wiped them away before they could fall. Keeping a calm face but I spent enough time around Nico to see right through it. He was hurting just like everyone else at seeing Percy so.....broken. I felt like crying again but refrained from doing so, just satisfied with holding Percys warm hand. Had he heard me? He did squeeze my hand after all. Does he feel the same? These thoughts ran through my head as I traced circles on his knuckles. I didn't realize how silent everyone was or how everyone was staring at me. I also didn't realize more tears were running down my cheeks and I was silently crying. Sure, everyone was in a similar state but I probably looked like I was taking it worse then everyone else. I found my cheeks becoming hot as the silent seconds passed.
"He's going to be okay, he'll wake up soon" I reassured everyone, breaking the silence. Annabeth looked relieved and so did everyone else.
"Why did Percy do this?" Annabeth said in a small voice. I realized she was asking me, like I knew. But I did know. It was all my fault, I kissed Percy making him do this to himself because afterwards I basically told him I didn't want anything to do with him. Gods, I'm an idiot. I sighed, shaking my head, pretending I had no clue. In the meantime squeezing Percys hand like it was my life line which it kinda was, for the both of us. I heard Percy groan causing everyone to let out loud gasps of shock. No one was expecting him to wake up so soon. Not only did he groan but his eyes slowly started opening, the sun hitting his sea green eyes beautifully, making him look like some kind of God. He was still holding my hand tightly but his hand was limp in Annabeths, Annabeth didn't seem to notice. Everyone was now crowded around the bed and Percy raised his eyebrow at all the attention. I smiled so wide that I felt like my face could break. Percy turned his gaze toward me, his eyes sparkling like when the sun hits the ocean perfectly yet somehow even more beautiful then that. He looked tired, his smile small and sleepy.
"Oh Percy! I'm so glade you're awake!" Annabeth yelled, giving Percy a big hug that Percy didn't return. I had forgotten that Percy was still dating Annabeth and I was still dating Piper. I refrained from sighing in frustrated annoyance. Everyone seemed equally happy he was awake. But then everyone came back to reality and wore grim expressions.
"Percy....why, why did you do it?" Annabeth said, her voice weak and small. Percy frowned, clearly hoping to dodge the question. I was also curious if I was the cause and if I was I could never forgive myself for being such a shallow idiot. There was silence, Percy furrowed his eyebrows as if he was trying to figure out a lie he could tell Annabeth.
"Annabeth....I-I love you but.....maybe we should talk about this later" Percy said causing me to be even more curious. Annabeth looked hurt but nodded her head. There was silence yet I could hear faint whispering.
"Percy....maybe you should get some rest, you did lose a lot of blood" Piper said, something strange washing over me as her voice echoed in the infirmary. I realized she was using charm speak. She only ever used it for emergencies. Everyone gave Piper weird expressions and others looked suprised she used her charm speak. Percy fell asleep and his soft breathing filled the room
"Jason, you were the one to take Percy to the infirmary, you obviously know why, I know Percy said later but I can tell you know something" Piper said, her multicolored eyes looking me straight in the eye fiercely. I took a deep breath and gulped. Should I tell her? I know she'll feel heartbroken, and so will Annabeth, also I probably shouldn't do it in front of all these people, even if they are our friends.
"Maybe we should talk about this....alone" I said, casting my gaze at everyone else. Everyone got the message and left except Annabeth and Piper. They looked at me, Piper impatiently tapping her foot on the ground, waiting for an explanation.
"Look, this might be a lot to take in and you might be mad at me in the end but please....just listen.....Percy and Annabeth were walking and I happened to be doing the same, I ended up seeing them and overheard Percy talking about being gay for someone well Annabeth freaked out, I really didn't catch it all so I surprised him by asking who he was gay for and he wouldn't tell me and in the end left me laughing on the beach". Annabeth looked calm but I knew her expression would change soon and Piper was raising her eyebrow at me waiting for more information.
"Now I'm just going to say that I don't really know if this is what caused him to....do what he did. Well we were in the dining pavilion and I saw Percy sitting at the Poseidon table and decided to tease him in to telling me who he was gay for for fun, I grabbed him by the waist and carried him into the sky, he screamed and yelled in tell we were positioned in the sky to where he was facing me, for a moment we were silent, just looking into each others eyes, and then he wrapped his arms around my neck and he.....he kissed me and I kissed him back and after that I took him back to the ground and told him...to pretend it never happened". Annabeth looked furious, angry tears running down her cheeks like a water fall, without warning Annabeth approached me and slapped me in the face, hard. I winced in pain, my cheek now throbbing. Piper looked furious as well but to my surprise not nearly as furious as Annabeth.
"I-I can't believe you kissed my seaweed brain with your filthy mouth! You faggot, I bet that's why he cut himself, because he realized he was kissed by a disgusting faggot like you!" Annabeth yelled, after stomping away with clenched fists. I stood there in shock, my chest hurt even though I knew her words weren't true, they couldn't be, Percy wasn't like that. Piper still stood there, taking deep breaths.
"Jason" she said softly "I love you, I will always love you, I'd never want to see you in pain, therefore I'll let you be with Percy because I know you're the one he has a crush on, if your happy Jason, I'm happy" she said and I realized the reason I ever found myself falling in love with a girl like Piper. She was always calm and yet angry at all the right times and caring for the people she loves no matter what they did. I found myself smiling.
"Thank you Pipes".
"Now" she whispered "why don't you wake up your sleeping beauty". I laughed as she left me with a sleeping Percy. And I did exactly that.