Part 14

Sasuke's POV

Walking around town, I never thought that I could feel this happy and sad at the same time. I'm about to pick up Naruko from her school because Naruko has allowed me to be by my daughter's side although not as her father but as her guardian and protector. Even though things have been going for the better, I still hoped that Naruko would change her mind and choose to be with me... And I could have been a real father to Chisuke...

FLASH BACK

I confronted Naruko about Chisuke... I couldn't hold myself back after knowing the truth.

"... Chisuke is my daughter... right?" I said. I saw that look in her eyes. The surprise and shock I gave her... She looks down as if trying to hide what I already saw... I cupped her cheeks and lifted her head to face me... And at that moment everything was confirmed...

Naruko... I'm ready to give up everything just to be with you and my daughter... If you tell me to be more than I will offer... I will cut everything that's keeping that from happening... But for now I need you to tell me that... Tell me that you want me back... Tell me that you want me to break that damn wrong decision I made with Sakura... Tell me that you want me to be your husband and father of Chisuke... Please... Please...

"I'm not mad... I'm not blaming you... I just want to be part of her life now... even if I can't have a special place beside you... but a place somewhere there in your heart is enough," I said, while I was hoping for the response I want... I saw that same exact desire I have for her...

"I'll gladly accept that..." she said that caught me off guard... I was hoping for her to be honest with me... And yet, she chose to leave everything in the past... I was hurt... Badly hurt...

"Thank you, Naruko..." I said but deep inside I wasn't at all happy... In fact, my eyes flooded more... Though to her it may seem like tears of joy but for me... It was sadness and pain...

END OF FLASH BACK

"Sasuke-san!" I heard Chisuke calling, she was waving in front of me happily... looking so jolly... I didn't notice that my eyes was wet from tears when Chisuke suddenly made me realize that,

"Sasuke-san, why are you crying? Did someone bully you? Tease you? Why are you sad? " she said, I picked her up in my arms,

"I'm not sad... I was just mesmerized by Chisuke's presence that it made me cry... Hahaha... " I reasoned,

"Ehh?? Does that mean that I make you sad??" she said with a sad tone,

"hahaha.. That's impossible... Chisuke always makes me laugh..." I said, but it seems that I chose the wrong words because Chisuke was looking sad,

"Sasuke-san is a meany... I'm not a clown..." she scolded while pouting at me,

I chuckled, "you really are your Naruko's daughter," I said. I then picked her up in arms and started walking to their apartment,

After a while of walking, I noticed that the town was somewhat preparing for something but because I wasn't interested in that I ignored it.

--+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+--

The following day

Early in the morning I went to Naruko's apartment to pick up Chisuke and send her to school...

I knocked on the door, and heard Naruko's reply,

"Wait... I'm coming!" she said ans moments later she opened th door and welcomed me. But to my surprised Chisuke was neatly dressed or not her usually get up.

"What seems to be the occasion?" I asked, but before Naruko could tell me Chisuke interrupted,

"Sasuke-san! Good morning! How do I look?"

"Great... You ready?" I asked her,

"Yes! Let's go!!" Chisuke said as she suddenly pulled me to where she wanted to go,

"Take care, Chisuke and good luck at school!" Naruko shouted as she sees us off,

--+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+--

Hi guys!! The exams have just tortured me...

Hahaha... I hope you'll like this part...

Thank you for the patience and understanding...

I feel so sad... My laboratory manual for statistics has gone missing because of lazy people...

I hate my classmates... not my best friend... and my real friends who always hear me out... and you guys who I can share my thoughts... huhuhu... I'll update next week after I let out some stress and heart aches...