Chapter - Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

“Okay, okay,” my vision suddenly becomes very blurred “I just need some time, I’ll see you later,” and with that I run up the staircase.

Now- 7.00pm

I lie silently for a few minutes, then I decide that I could do with some cheering up, so I grab my phone from the table and dial Elijah, it goes straight to voicemail. I sigh and close my eyes until I slowly fall into a dreamless sleep.

Mason’s POV

When I wake the next morning I really don’t feel like getting out of bed. Just as I stand up my door opens and seth walks in.

“What?” he asks when he notices me watching him.

“I need to talk to you,” I say expressionlessly.

“Yeah well, I can’t talk right now, I’m busy.” He says instantly walking over to his cupboard. He opens it and starts throwing things out.

“What are you doing idiot?” I frown at the mess he’s making all over the floor.

He sticks his head out for a second “Mason, I’m looking for something, look I’m going out but I’ll meet you somewhere for lunch then you can talk.”

“Fine,” I mutter leaving the room.

“Hey, thanks for coming,” I say to Kian when he approaches me.

“It’s okay, is he already here?” he asks.

“Yeah, down there, “ I point with my finger towards where Seth is sitting looking at his phone grinning.

“Wonder what’s got him so happy?” Kian says as we walk in.

“God knows,” I mumble sighing “Right then, let’s get this done.”

When we reach the table Seth looks up and frowns when he realises that Kian is with me.

“What are you doing here?” he asks him, unable to keep the annoyance out of his voice.

Kian doesn’t say anything and just takes a seat.

“Why, did something happen?” I ask Seth.

He narrows his eyes at me and shakes his head. I sigh and sit beside Kian.

“Look Seth, we know what you did, about Jess and everything.” I begin.

Seth is silent.

“Why did you do it?” I ask.

“You know very well why,” he snaps.

“Sara?”

He nods and his eyes flicker over to Kian.

“You know, Kaylan’s no saint Seth, and just because he’s my brother doesn’t mean I’ll ultimately side with him, but you shouldn’t have made that lie up, what did you hope to achieve?” Kian asks him, surprisingly he sounds so calm.

“I didn’t mean to really hurt either of you two,” he says looking up to meet our eyes “I just thought that Sara would...you know...I just really liked her,”

“But there’s something else though, right?” I remember what Jess said to me the other day, about how she didn’t know the whole story.

“I thought that if there was conflict between you and Kaylan, then they’d stop coming,” he looks at me and then at Kian “If Kaylan was mad at Mason then I thought that you wouldn’t come to our house either.”

“What’s that got to do with anything?” Kian asks him sounding confused.

“I wanted Elijah and Ella to get married soon as possible,” Seth says.

“What’s that got to do with me?” Kians questions frowning.

“Well you know...I thought that you liked Ella,” Seth mutters looking down at his drink.

“I do like Ella,” Kian replies.

I almost choke on my drink “You what?” I splutter, I can’t control the water that comes out of my mouth.

“Not like that stupid, you know that!” Kian says laughing at the little show I have mad.

“Anyway, I’m sorry I guess, I should have known that you wouldn’t have gotten in the way of Ella and Elijah,” Seth continues when Kian comes back from the tissue dispenser.

“I have to go, Anais is back, apparently,” he looks at me with a grimace “She doesn’t know about the house yet.” 

He looks at Seth "Look Seth, I'm sorry about Sara but you have to understand that you can't do stupid things like that and hurt countless people. I wouldn't ever to that to Elijah, and I can honestly swear that I don't like Ella like that and I never did. You know why I'm moving away?" he looks at Seth waiting for an answer but when he doesn't get one he continues "I'm not over Zara yet, I thought I was but clearly that's not the case.." he sighs as he tails off "I'd better go now," he looks at me "I'll speak to you later."

“Good luck,” I say patting him on the back as he rolls his eyes as if to say I’ll need more than that.

I focus my attention back on Seth, for some reason I can feel that something is still missing.

“Okay Seth, just tell me the whole thing, there’s no point missing little things out.”

He sighs “It’s selfish,”

I raise my eyebrows at him.

“Okay fine, more selfish than what I’ve already said. I just have felt so ignored ever since Elijah’s accident, I thought know if he got married to Ella, maybe mum might start caring about the rest of us for a change, you know. And the thing with Kaylan is just that I don’t like him very much, you know those people that you meet and you just feel dislike towards them, well yeah that’s me with him.” Seth sighs and brushes his hair away from his eyes. “I’m just so tired of it all.”

“Seth...” to be truthful I know how he feels in a way, because I’ve felt it too, ever since Elijah’s accident we didn’t just loose him, it was like we lost our mother too, I know it sounds selfish but my whole mother’s life just seems to revolve around him, she doesn’t bother much with the rest of us.

Just as I’m about to open my mouth, someone taps me on my shoulder. I turn around and sigh.

It's Ella.

************************************************************************************************

Not too happy with this chapter...oh well 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lia xxxxxxxxxx