XII- Thats a really nice gesture, Aspen.

It had been 5 days since Savannah and Joseph got married. 5 days since anybody had seen Aspen.
Rose was in her room, she pulled out her phone and decided to call him.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Aspen!" She said excitedly into the phone.
"Hey little witch!" He said yawning.
"Don't call me that. Anyways, where have you been?" She asked him and he rubbed his face before answering.
"I've been busy. With school and all, I've been staying at Julianne's. Why?"
"I was just asking. I miss you around the house cousin." She whines.
"Okay, I promise I will stop by later on today. But only for a little, I have things to do." He said to her and she smiled and agreed.
"Okay, I'll see you later. I love you!" She says into the phone.
"Me too." He says and hangs up.
Something felt odd, he didn't want to go back to that house. He needed to get away from his uncle and Michelle... his aunt.

~

Aspen took Julianne to visit with him, as a constant reminder of being his girlfriend.
He opened the door and Rose heard from her room, she quickly ran down stairs.
"Aspen! You're here!" She jumped on him like she did almost every time he came.
"Hi little cus." He greets her with a kiss on the forehead.
"Oh, hi Julianne." She slightly smiles at her, almost forced.
"Hey there Rose!" She says, then Michelle walks down the stairs.
Aspen turns her direction, and admires her as she walks down, slowly.
"Hey Aspen," she goes up to him and greets him with a kiss on the cheek.
"Hello.. aunt." He says as he pulls away from her grasp.
"Aspen, how are you doing today?" Vance walks in, everyone turns to him.
"Yeah, we haven't seen you around here in ages. Your girlfriend occupying all your time?" Michelle says. He gulps.
"Uh, yeah well you know how they can be."
"Oh shut up you, you know you love it." Julianne smacks him on the arm and Rose snickers.
"Anyways, I got a little something for you Rose." Aspen says and her face lights up.
"What is it?" She jumped. Aspen handed it to her.
"Oh my god it's a watch, it's the one I wanted too! How did you know?" She ran up towards him and hugged him tightly.
"Wow, that's s really nice gesture Aspen, let's see when you have one like that with me." Julianne laughs and Aspen looks back at her with a "really " face and she looked away and rolled her eyes.
"No you're right Julianne, that is a really nice gesture." Michelle said, placing her hand on Aspens shoulder. Aspen gulped at the feel of her touch on his skin. He wanted to move away, but he was frozen in place. Why did this have so much control over him?
"The dining room is set for you all to have dinner." Mademoiselle walked in, interrupting him from his thoughts.
"Okay, so let's head down to the dining room, shall we?
Once they were all done eating, they decided it was time to go to bed, Aspen and Julianne left to her place.
"What was that all about?" Aspen said angrily.
"What? Don't tell me you're upset over my little commentary." She crossed her arms.
"It was uncalled for Julianne!"
"It was the truth Aspen! There's nothing wrong with me saying it."
"Yeah infront of my family. What were you thinking? You know what never mind. Here I'm gonna drop you off and go back home." He parked in the parking lot.
"Are you serious? Ugh, child! You know what? Fine. Call me when you're not over reacting." She got out the car and slammed the door and he drove off.
He hit his steering wheel before driving off. He knew he was over reacting but he couldn't help it. It was as if he was trying to find any excuse to go back to that house. He didn't know anymore.