II- New beginnings

After their first night together, Michelle went back home to gather her belongings and take them to her now new home. On her way there, all she could think of is if the kids would like her. She wasn't looking to replace Isabel, their deceased mother. She knew she never could, but she hoped they would at least be supportive of her and Vance. Rose seemed like a little brat though, maybe she's been spoiled a little too much by Vance since her mother died. Maybe it was mademoiselle, their live at home babysitter, who spoiled her too much.
She got home and her things were all already packed by one of their maids.
They put them in the car and walked to the car when Serina, her mother, stopped her.
"Wait Michelle," she walked up from behind her.
"What do you want mother?" She said coldly and Serina glared at her before continuing.
"Well, how was the house? How was your little night with Vance? Have you seen any of his death wife's jewelry?" She smirked.
"Are you serious Serina? I don't have time for this. If you wanna see how the house is, then you can stop by later, but only for a little. And please, don't say anything dumb." Michelle rolled her eyes and got in the car, making her way back to her new home.
"Its a new beginning for me, it will be fine," she thought to herself.
Once she began pulling up in the driveway, she saw Vance standing there, along with Rose, little Mason, Aspen, mademoiselle, and the staff of the house.
"My love," Vance walked up to her car and opened the door, welcoming her into his arms. She felt comfortable there.
"Hello honey," she said and gave him a kiss on the lips. They pulled away and everyone else from the family walked up to her.
"Hi Michelle," Rose reached out her hand, but Michelle ignored it and pulled her into a hug. Then, little Mason walked up to her.
"Hi Michelle!" He hugged her waist and she smiled, hugging him back.
"Hello Darling." Michelle pulled away and Aspen walked up to her.
"Hello Aunt." He said.
"Oh please, you make me feel old. Call me Michelle." She said and pulled him in for a hug, he embraced her back. After a few seconds they pulled away and she walked back to Vance.
"Shall we head inside? I can ask Aspen to give you a tour of the house while I go tell the staff to make the perfect feast." He asked her and she nodded.
"Aspen, show her around the house and then take her to our room so she can see if she likes it." Vance tells Aspen and he nods and walks up to me.
"Okay, follow me." He reached out his arm and she hooked hers to it. He guided her around, showing her and explaining what each room was. She was fascinated. She didn't expect the house to be so huge.
"Big, isn't it?" He asked her and she just nodded.
"Yeah, well you haven't seen your room. Its the main one on the top floor, two rooms away from mine." He said and examined her facial expressions. She was dazzled by the home, like he suspected she would be. That doesn't prove anything however.
"Well this is you and my uncles room." He opened the door for her and she walked in, she gasped at the beauty of this room. It was humongous. The walls were a light shade of grey and the furniture was a dark Cherry wood color. Everything was beautiful. She still couldn't believe that she would now be sleeping here.
"Well, I'm gonna head downstairs, you know your way down right?" Aspen asked.
"Yeah, thank you so much." She said and he left, closing the door behind him.
The first thing she did was jump on her bed and spread her arms and legs. She was happy.
~
"Dinner was great darling." Michelle said as she wiped her mouth.
"It was, thanks for inviting us over," Serina said.
"You know you and Savannah are always welcome here. No need to thank us." Vance said and Serina smiled.
"You are to kind." She said and Michelle just rolled her eyes.
"So, Vance, I suppose that since you are now married to Michelle, you will be sharing your fortune with her?" Serina asked and Michelle's mouth dropped.
"Mother!" Savannah exclaimed.
"What? I was just wondering," she said innocently.
"Serina, I-"
"No Michelle, its okay. Yes all that is mine is now hers. She knows that." Vance smiled at Michelle from across the table and Aspen glared at her. Thinking maybe what he's been suspecting is true after all.