The Clan

The bag was tugged roughly off my head and I gasped for fresh air through a piece of cloth in my mouth. I squinted my eyes as they adjusted to the dim lighting. It looked as if I was in an abandoned car park, or underground area of some sort. Wonho was on the floor with a black eye and a sheepish grin, his hands and feet tied. I hissed as I realised my hands were tied behind my back tightly too. Behind us were Minhyuk and a couple of guys I didn't recognise. It remained quiet for a long time, as I glared at Minhyuk, who avoided my gaze. I wanted to yell at him, but all I could do was make muffled noises, so I decided not to waste any energy.

The sound of tyres screeching echoed through the area, and came to a sudden halt. I broke my glare at Minhyuk and spun to the source of the noise. Even Wonho made an effort to sit up. There were three cars, all black, all in a line in front of us. I craned my head around to look through the windows, but they were tinted, and opaque.

The passenger seat door of the rightmost car was the first to open, but no one got out. Someone was pushed out. A bag similar to the one put on me earlier was over her head, with the number one spray painted onto the front of it. Despite the bag, I still recognised her. It was my sister. I hung my head down and sighed, trying not to cry. The last thing we did was fight, and now here she was, lying lifeless on hard concrete. She wasn't moving.

I bit the inside of my cheek as the driver stepped out of the other side with a smirk on his smug face. I wanted to kill him, just from the way he looked at me. Shownu made his way over to Tem, and I lurched forward to stop him, but I was held back. He ignored me, but paused when someone from the back seat of the car began to cry audibly. Shownu knocked on the window, and both back doors opened on his command.

Changkyun was next out of the car, dragging Jisung out next by her hand. She was crying hysterically, and Changkyun was obviously trying his best to calm her down. He even took the bag with the number two pasted on it off her head and whispered something to her, before putting it gently back on. Only then did her crying turn into quiet sniffles. He shoved her to her knees next to Tem, who still hadn't moved.

I fidgeted until I got punched to the ground, joining a concerned looking Wonho. I looked at him for some reassurance, for the cocky look of everything is possible when we were planning our escape. It was the first time I had seen him like this; he looked so uncertain.

A large man stepped out of the middle car, and adjusted his jacket. I instantly recognised him as Changkyun's father - the boss.

"I'm Lim Insoo... and you just can't keep out of trouble... can you?" He sighed. "We made your lives miserable, yet you cause trouble, we put you in prison to be punished, yet you escape... So now what? Hmm?" He was pacing around his car, before making his way towards Shownu, Changkyun, Tem and Jisung.

Shownu grinned up at the man, who ignored him as he passed him a wad of cash. Changkyun, on the other hand, had his head down, hands held behind his back, and refused eye contact with his father. They mutually ignored each other. Shownu pulled a gun from his waistband and handed it to the man in charge. He held the gun on its side and tested its weight. It was a highly polished revolver.

He turned abruptly to face Wonho and me, and walked up to me. I winced upon the strong smell of his cologne. He waved the gun in front of me and I rolled my eyes. He chuckled at me and sighed happily. "I like you," He said. "You ever play Russian roulette?" He asked me. I stayed still and silent.

He pulled out a pocketknife and cut one of my hand ties. He handed me seven bullets, and I glanced up at him. "Load the revolver," He instructed. I shook my head, but complied once his knife was at my neck. As I loaded the bullets into the gun, I saw Wonho stand up beside me and give a quick nod. I locked the cylinder into position and handed it back to Insoo.