Chapter Seven: Party for Three

3weeks Later

The boys are out of town for the whole weekend. I would've went if I would've known they were going to the city. Shane needed to buy a tux for the upcoming wedding and he needed to sort out the budget with the wedding planner. Amy and I sat on the couch watching Soul Surfer. Haley's in the kitchen preparing lemonade and chocolate cake. She's having a couple friends over for lunch. I would've loved if the three of us would hang out for the weekend. Girl bonding. Haley walked out of the kitchen, her apron covered in flour. The doorbell ringed. "Okay, let me freshen up! Tell the girls I'll be down in a second!"

Amy hopped off the sofa, "I'll get it!" she singed. Skipping towards the door she opened it.

"Mommy!"

Mommy? Quickly standing up I turned around to see a handsome man wearing a suit and a beautiful lady in a jumper. Mr. and Mrs. Stone. I could see the resemblance they shared with the boys. Mrs.Stone hugged her daughter and Mr.Stone set down his briefcase. Glancing over at me, Mr.Stone's eyes widened. His brown hair slick back with gel. "Ah. You must be Selena? We've heard so much about you." he walked towards me, giving me hug.

"Yeah. It's so nice to finally meet you!" I said politely.

Mrs.Stone rushed over to me. Her heels clacking against the floor. Her blonde hair tightly in a nice ponytail. She's gorgeous. Giving me a hug, "I haven't seen you since you were in diapers! You look just like Jennifer. Beautiful."

Kissing both of my cheeks she clapped, "Call me Mariah, darling Mrs.Stone sounds so old don't you think?"

I nodded my head and laughed. She knew my mom? She knew me? Mr.Stone looked at his watch, "Well we have to be heading to the hotel in a hour."

Amy flipped her hair, "Mom do you like my hair? Selena got it done for me a few weeks ago."

Mariah didn't even glance back at her daughter. "Yes, yes. That's great honey. Okay! Where are my five handsome young boys?"

Amy looked hurt that her mother ignored her but quickly forced a smile when Haley walked downstairs. She looked stunning in her strawberry sundress. Haley's eyes widened and her smile quickly turned into a frown.

Mariah placed her hand on her forehead. "Do you know anything about style? Sometimes I wonder why my son is going through with this wedding." she scolded.

Haley crossed her arms, "Well nice to see you too Mariah. What brings you two here? Obviously you're not here to get your children. Besides even if you were they're out of town for the weekend."

Mr. Stone tucked his hands into his pockets, "For the wedding I'm paying for. Haley would you mind showing a little respect?" he then turned to his wife, "Mariah, can you please not fight with Haley? We'll be family soon so there's no reason for an argument."

He walked towards Haley giving her a hug. I liked Mr.Stone. Very straight forward and nice. Mariah too but she can be a snob.

Mariah kissed Amy's cheek and smoothed her hair. "We'll be back Monday. It was very nice meeting you Selena. See you monday sweetheart." she twisted the door knob and walked out. Mr. Stone waved goodbye and did the same.

Haley sat down. Running her hands through her hair, she called her friends and cancelled the get together. I'm pretty sure Haley and Mariah argued all the time. Haley slumped in her chair, "This is going to be one long month."

Amy agreed. The wedding is a month away. That means Haley will have to do deal with Mariah and Harold. Amy went into her pocket pulling out mascara and blush. Placing a ton on her face she skipped upstairs. She looked better without makeup and now she went back to a clown. Haley stood, "Watch Amy. I'll be right back. Going to the grocery store."