Prologue

Prologue

"Oh my God!"

The whole cafe was filled with gasps and whispers after what I did to this bitch in front of me.

I raised my left eyebrow and gave her a sweet smirk.

"Oh sorry... my bad," I sarcastically apologized while grinning at her.

"How dare you?!" she shouted and pointed her finger on me.

I let out a small laugh. "Is it my fault that you're blocking my way?" I asked her. "Sana kung tumabi ka sa dinadaanan ko, eh 'di hindi ka matatapunan, 'di ba? Sayang tuloy ang dark mocha frappe ko. Paborito ko pa naman 'to."

Napanguso ako nang tiningnan ko ang natapon kong inumin saka binalik ang tingin sa kanya.

I couldn't help but grin more when I saw her white shirt coated with my brown drink and some foams of whipped cream. But I'm not that evil... I'm actually a good person.

To get some tissue, I opened my favorite satchel bag.

"Here." Abot ko sa kanya ng tissue. "Clean yourself up. You're a mess."

I smiled at her for the last time before I left the cafe, with my chin up.

"You're in the trend again, Blair. Hashtag Blair's dark mocha frappuccino," Ida, my bestfriend told me.

"What's new?" I just rolled my eyes and jumped on my queen-sized bed.

"Tinapunan mo ng frappe si Darlene?" hindi makapaniwala niyang sabi habang binabasa ang buong post sa kanyang phone. "You're sick, Blair. She's the campus' muse."

"And so?"

"It means that you might be threatened by the whole student body!" she tried to make sense.

"You think I'm scared of that?" I almost laughed. "Do you think that the whole student body will dare to threaten me? I don't think so."

"Okay..." She calmed down a bit. "Pero bakit mo ba 'yon ginawa sa kanya? I'm pretty sure na hindi lang 'yon dahil sa nakaharang siya sa dinadaanan mo. That's so shallow, Blair. You might be sometimes rude, but you're not totally rude."

"Tama ka," sabi ko. "Hindi ako ganoon kasama para tapunan siya at i-aksaya ang paborito kong inumin dahil lang nakaharang siya sa dadaanan ko."

"Eh, bakit nga?"

"I hate her guts," I told her. "I hate her attitude. I just hate everything about her, especially because of what happened earlier."

Naningkit naman ang mga mata ni Ida sa akin. "What happened?"

Napabuntong hininga ako. "I was about to give Lingling food when I saw her and her squad making fun and playing around with Lingling," kuwento ko. "I really hate it when someone's making fun of what or who I treasure the most. And she's the one who made fun of Lingling in a bad way. I just made her pay. Ginawang katuwaan ko lang din siya like what she did to Lingling."

"I really don't know what to say, Blair..." Ida commented and sighed. "I know Lingling means a lot to you but her boyfriend's the student president. I'm pretty sure he'll hunt you down."

"Hindi ko alam kung ano ang kinalaman ng boyfriend niya sa issue na 'to, but I don't care if he'll hunt me down, Ida," sabi ko't umupo sa aking kama bago tamad na sumandal sa headboard. "Even if he does, he'll never catch me. He can never catch me."

"What if he does catch you?" she probed. "What will you do?"

"I'll escape, duh!" I laughed. "Syempre ano ba'ng gagawin ng nahuhuli? 'Di ba tatakas? That's why, I'll escape."