Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Raffle Promo

I just deleted Gael's message and acted like I didn't receive anything from him. I also continued texting with Isaiah until he bid farewell because they're starting to practice already.

I can't help but to plaster a smirk when I glanced at Gael. His hand was firmly holding the steering wheel. Irritation was clearly written all over his face.

Did he seriously think that I'll stop texting Isaiah just because he told me to?

Sino siya sa tingin niya?

I know how authoritative his aura and words can be specially when we're at school as the president but it just doesn't work on me. I can't see any reason for me to follow him.

Si Daddy nga ay hindi ako agad mapasunod. Siya pa kaya?

"We're here." he announced as soon as he turned off the car's engine.

Nilingon ko naman ang labas at nakitang hindi malayo ang pinagparadahan ng kaniyang sasakyan sa mausoleum kung saan nandoon ang puntod ng Lolo't Lola ko.

I also saw that Dad's car was already parked here. Nandito na sila Mommy't Daddy.

I didn't waste any more time and went out of Gael's car. I can't stay inside of his another with just the two of us for another second or minute lalo na kung hindi naman kami nag-uusap. It's so awkward.

"Wait, Blair." Gael said when he also went out of the car.

I lazily looked at him. "What now?"

I watched him as he ran to the car's trunk. He opened it and I saw a basket of freshly arranged flowers.

"I bought flowers for your grandfather to pay respect." he said and got the flowers out of the trunk before he locked the car.

He showed me the arranged flowers that he bought and smiled.

It's my grandfather's favorite flower to give my grandmother. It's a dandelion with three big sunflowers in the center.

"Okay." I just said and immediately turned my back at him.

I kept on walking without turning back, knowing that he's catching up with me.

"Nandito na kayong dalawa." sabi ni Mommy at mabilis akong hinagkan papalapit sa tapat ng puntod ni Lolo.

Even though it was last year's all souls day the last time we went here, the mausoleum was still clean. There's no sight of dust. Lahat ng muwebles na nasa loob ay napanatiling makintab.

Guess the caretaker's doing his job well to preserve the cleanliness of my grangparent's new home.

"You even brought flowers, Gael. You don't have to but thank you." nakangiting sabi ni Daddy kay Gael.

"It's just a little something to show my respect, Tito. And it's my first time meeting them." sabi ni Gael. "Where should I put this po?"

I rolled my eyes at Gael.

First time meeting them my ass. Magulat siya kung talagang mameet niya ngayon ang Lolo't Lola ko. Aba! Ibang klase na talaga siya kung ganoon. Baka umpisahan ko na siyang sambahin kapag nangyari 'yon.

"Just put it between the flowers we placed." sabi ni Daddy.

Gael nodded and placed the flowers between the flowers that Mom and Dad placed in front of Lolo's and also Lola's grave.

"Let's start praying." anunsyo ni Daddy nang malagay na ni Gael ng maayos ang bulaklak na dala.

It's some sorth of our family tradition to pray for the dead souls of our family members who already passed away as a complete family. We even had our own prayer that was created way back and was passed generation to generation. When I was a kid, Mom and Dad already made me memorize that prayer. It was kinda long but it was easy to memorize.