Chapter 28

Daniel's P.O.V.

"Move," I say to him when he blocks the stairs. But he doesn't budge. He just looks straight into my eyes. And the funny part is I stare back. His eyes look different. Almost, changed. They are no longer the shimmering blue-green they used to be. It's almost as if a cloud has formed over them.
"I'm sorry," Joey whispers. I'm about to question him. However, everything is cut off when he falls to the floor, passes out if you will.

I run to get the phone and dial 911. He is blinkly slowly. Everytime he blinks his eyes get closer and closer to shutting.
"Joey!" I yell trying to keep him from closing his eyes, "Joey!" All my efforts go to waste when his eyes close completely.

"911 what is your emergency?" I hear someone finally say.
"Hello? My uh- friend just passed out randomly on my stairs and hit his head," I say as calmly as I can while someone is inconcious infront of me.
"Okay. Sir, you're going to need to bring him to us right now. By the time one of our squad members get there it may be too lat-" I hang up on her and throw the phone.

I pick Joey up bridal style. Luckily, my keys are still in my pocket. I run out the door and set Joey in my car. I sprint to my side of the car and get in. I immediatley turn on my emergency flashers and speed my way to the hospital. My body shakes as I pull into the hospital parking lot. I park my car and have Joey out in no time. While, sprinting to the door, I see a gourney come out to take Joey, they must have been anticipating my arrival.

I follow the doctors through the maze that is the hospital before a nurse stops me.
"I'm sorry sir, but you can't go back there," she says to me and acts like it isn't a big deal.
"Excuse me?" I say in a tone I probably shouldn't have used with someone who is going to save his life.
"I don't know how close you are to that man. But if you want him to live, i'm going to need you to stay out here," she whispers so she doesn't disturb any of the other people who are anxiously waiting in the room.
"Fine. But if you kill him, i'm suing your ass," I say and walk back to a seat in the waiting room.

I sit there and my legs shake, my hands run through my hair, and my mind wanders.

Why did he say he was sorry? Why does he want to be back in my life all of the sudden? Why won't I let him back in?