Chapter 16

Daniel's P.O.V.

"I want Preston," Joey said to me. And what was crazy to me is that I didn't hear the three words I wanted to hear, I love you. It is crazy how much that sentence killed me inside. It is amazing just how much I can tell that sentence killed Joey inside.

"Joey, I can hear it in your voice and how it trembles. I know that isn't what you want. So stop lying to yourself god damnit!" I say slamming my hand down on my lap and start to cry again. But this isn't like normal tears. They are coming alot faster. And instead of making me feel better, with each tear I can feel my heart loosing purpose.

"Daniel, I told you exactly what I wanted. Okay?" Joey says with a bit of a crack in his voice. No. No. No.

"Joey, please," I say in a cry-whisper that is barely audible. How the hell did this happen? Why is this all coming full circle on me? Why am I the one ending up with the broken heart?

"I'm sorry Daniel. I truly am sorry. But this was all about my happiness. Right?" Joey says with a bit of hatred as he spits his words at me like fire. Why is he doing this to me? He knows deep down he doesn't want Preston. He knows what he wants. I just have to get him to admit it.

"You never liked lying," I stare into my lap as these four words roll of my tongue.

"Excuse me? And what do you mean by that?" He says trying to find my eyes. But they are lost. They can't find where they are supposed to look. So, I resort to looking in my lap.

"You never liked lying. You never liked when I lyed to you. You never liked it when Preston lyed to you. So how do you feel about lying to yourself?" I say looking up once I say yourself. And his expression is blank. That is one thing I learned while I was with Joey. I learned how to see right through him.

"Daniel, I am not lying to myself. Okay? Now I have to go. This is it," Joey says standing up and I can sense the hurt in his voice. He hates lying. And he knows he is lying to himself. He knows he wants to stay here. He knows he doesn't want to be with Preston. He knows everything and yet he knows nothing. He makes his way to the door and I follow him.

He is about to step out but I say one last thing to him, "Joey one day you're going to remember me and how much I loved you. Then you're going to hate yourself for letting me go. So maybe one day I will be what you need. But don't wait too long. Because the day you want me may be the day I have finally given up," I say to him as he opens the door and walks to his car. He looks at me when the words reach him with a blank expression. He opens his mouth to say something but shuts it immediatley. Joey gets in his car and even from this distance I can see the tear that falls from his beautiful green eyed onto his cheek. And then he is gone. I gave up everything for him and the heartbreaking moment was when I saw him with someone he likes more. He's gone...

You were red. You liked me because I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I became lilac. And you decided purple just wasn't for you.