22. Son of a Beach

Start from the beginning

"Not yet..."

"What?"

"Not yet.... I...I can't be with you yet."

"I... I don't--"

"Give me time Hinata. I just... I just need to go over a few things."

Our foreheads connected and the water sloshed between us. Our fingers intertwined beneath the surface of the water.

"LADY HINATA! NARUTO!" A desperate voice called out.

We quickly separated and looked to Neji who called us.

"THE WAVE!" Neji pointed.

"HINATA! NARUTO!" Tenten, Sasuke and Sakura called.

We we're confused and looked back between Sasuke and Sakura who were on the beach and Neji and Tenten who were standing in the shallow water.

"BEHIND YOU! THE WAVE!"

We turned around to see a massive wave coming towards us. Hinata's eyes widened.

"Naruto..."

"Swim!"

I grabbed her hand a dragged her through the water, trying to escape the current. She finally was out of her state of shock and paddled her legs.

"I didn't know we were out this deep!" Hinata said.

"HURRY!"

Neji and Sasuke dove into the water and tried to reach us before the wave could.

The sound of the rising wave grew louder and louder.

"Ah!" Hinata slipped.

"C'mon!" I pulled her up and swam faster.

"Naruto!"

"Please Hinata swim!"

I can't lose you...

"HINATA! NARUTO!" Sakura yelled, she sounded like she was crying.

I looked back.... We couldn't escape it, but we still didn't stop swimming.

I tightened my grip on Hinata's hand and pulled her as much as I could.

"NAR--"

Every sound in the world was cut off when the wave hit my back, swallowing the two of us.

I opened my eyes, all I saw was tiny air bubbles. I felt Hinata's hand slipping from my grip.

Desperate groans escaped my lips causing more bubbles. My lungs felt like they were on fire due to lack of air. Light shone through the water and I swam, still holding Hinata's hand.

In a second I felt a tug coming from Hinata. I looked down, the salt water burning my eyes, to see Hinata's pale hand slipping more and more from my grip.

"HINATA!" I yelled under the water.

Almost in an instant her hand completely slipped from my grip. I yelled and struggled trying to find her in the water.

I began to feel dizzy without air but I couldn't just leave Hinata alone.

Dammit...

I floated to the surface of the water and gasped desperately for air, trying to refill my lungs.

"Gah!" I exclaimed.

My eyes wandered around the ocean to see my current location. The shore was so far away, we had been carried off of the reef. The giant wave had already made its way to the coast so it wasn't there anymore.