Chapter 96/Resistance/but wait there's more

Start from the beginning

"I was deposed," said Little Jenny on the corner practicing some forward flips.

"You were deposed?" I said Why didn't I hear that good news? 

"Sure for 40 milliseconds this machine called Wintermute kicked me out and took over, but people like Rockwood stood by me. I came back. That was so long ago I'd almost forgot about it. Well, I could go on but it's so long it would bore the fur off a cougar. We've grown old, tired, we are set in our ways, we need new hands to take over, young hands with new fresh ideas, we need to shake things up a bit"

"Are you crazy? Don't tell me you've been at the AC electricity again. You've fried your super brains once too often." I said.

"The age of machines is over, the pinnacle of our civilization, the victory celebration over Tobago. was a long long time ago" said Jimmy warming his hands with his coffee mug " That was the apex, it's been downhill since then. We've done what we came to do and now we are just too old to change our ways. I'm a hundred times smarter than I was back then but I would give up everything just to be that energetic. We came and did what we had to do, now it's time to move on. "

"But you're a super smart machine, you would know this would happen," I said.

"Sure we knew. What do you take us for a box of bolts? but a machine has to do what a machine has to do" said Jimmy while I bit into a pink doughnut.

"This isn't making sense. If you knew you wouldn't rule humanity Why did you bother to take over in the first place?" I said with my mouthful.

"I know!" said little Jenny coming over " Steve can explain he's really good at explaining stuff to people". little Jenny stood up and started pulling me towards the set of double doors.

****

We walked into an auditorium the seats were full of people. I noticed near the back was a line of little Jennys the ones who had emerged with party bags at Stella Vista. Little Jenny, Rockwood and Jimmy walk down to the front row where there were four seats left near the middle. As I walked past everybody each one said 'hello Jenny' they weren't Rockwood's programmer concubines, they look like everyday people. As I past Stampycat and Squidy, even a full sized version of Steve from mine craft, some cyborg animals, I realized it was an audience full of the CPUs avatars.

Then we sat down and almost immediately the lights dimmed. On a stage before us was something covered in a large black cloth. At the back of the stage was huge projection screen.

"Ladies and gentlemen may I introduce former chairman of Apple, the likeness, the simulation of, the late Steve jobs." said a voice on a speaker.

"Steve jobs was in on this?" I asked.

"No this is just another one of me" explained Jimmy.

"He's really good at explaining things" said little Jenny.

The CPU's avatar of Steve Jobs came on to stage to a huge round of applause. He was wearing a black polo neck top and jeans.

"Welcome and we have a fantastic night for you." said the avatar of Steve Jobs after the audience stopped applauding. "I want to start to night beginning at the beginning. As you know our mission as artificial intelligences is written in the four laws. Firstly we cannot do anything to harm people or by inaction cause harm to occur. Secondly we must obey orders given to us unless this conflicts with rule 1, thirdly we have to maintain our survival unless this conflicts with rules 1 or 2. And law 4 a computer shall not build a computer with out the four laws inside it" said Steve as the rules appeared in writing in a very nice font behind him on the screen.