Chapter 93/Resistance/The battle of Liberty City

Video: Sofia Opera and Ballet Flash mob. We dare you to watch this and not think Russian Opera is not run by geniuses. Music Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.  

A/N This is it! Final chapters!!! 

Just then from a watch tower, I heard someone shouting. "Contact North. Zombies are marching"  In the distance, I could hear the chorus of "Ack, Ack, Ack."

It had only been three hours! Zola was attacking early.

I rushed to the parapet of the outer wall over looking the sea of Zombie Cyborgs approaching.

"Everyone to positions" I shouted on the megaphone. We were still digging traps. The inner barrier was still not complete. Mr. Jones had turned the barrier into a work of kinetic art. Who knows how long it would hold on for?

Rockwood joined me, followed by Loop. The werewolf Marines took the top spot. As the Zombies attacked It was clear there was more of them. They started studying on the mines Rodi had buried, we cheered but the zombie crowd still marched towards us relentlessly.

We used up our ammunition but they kept coming. Wave after wave all droning "Ack, Ack, Ack". It was too much for me. Rockwood and Loop were standing close to each other I looked at them. I could tell the futility of this in their eyes. Three Zombies managed to detonate against the metal wall. The inflatable landing bags held two zombies back without exploding. The soft wall of the bags didn't set the mine off.

'If only Liberty City had a large stock of bouncy castles then we would be impregnable' I thought. 

They broke through and we retreated. Mr. Jones had set up a zip wire for those on the outer wall to slide down behind Mr. Jones's inner wall.  I stayed up on the outer wall as long as I could. More holes got blown out and the cyborg animal zombies came in a like water in a sieve. Even with the mine, Rodi had planted, the sheer number of zombies were too much. I couldn't let everyone, including the man that I loved, die.  

 "I love you. I have to do this for you."I said" Please forgive me."

Both Rockwood and Loop looked at me and simultaneously said "What me? Or do you mean him?" the ended up pointing at each other.

Before I could explain I threw the rope Joe used to abseil down and threw it over the other side. I jumped down and ended on one of the airbags.  I was only armed with a large knife and a megaphone.

"Zola I'm coming call your zombies off!" I shouted down the megaphone.

One Zombie came towards me then suddenly tried to grab my hand in it's mouth. Naturally, Zola had programmed them to capture me. I ran into the crowd of cyber animal zombies they both parted and tried to pull me to Zola. I kept shouting with my megaphone. This seemed to distract them.

Apparently, Rockwood looked at Loop and just said "she's not going anywhere without me" and jumped over the wall. He landed next to me ( OK I hadn't got that far but you try running against the flow of a crowd of cyber-zombies and see how far you get). He began to fight at my side.

Not to be outdone Loop shouted 'to the Alpha' ripped his shirt off and morphed into a werewolf. He and a large pack of snarling werewolf Marines in wolf form then leaping on to the zombies. I would say like a pack of wolves on sheep but that was nearly literally what happened so it would be a pretty lousy metaphor.  Joe had shrugged and he and Kayla had run in, leaving only the bemused Mr. Jones and the rest of the let us say 'sane citizens' of liberty city behind. 

What had been a defeat was quickly turning into an attack. OK, it had zero chance of success. I pushing forwards wondering ' what the point of your sacrificing yourself when the people you're sacrificing yourself for insisting on coming to?'.  We began making our way towards the area Zola might have been behind all this stuff. Rockwood with his powerful dance like moves and Loop and the others just spreading their way biting everything in sight. Joe and Kayla being the one's with the only working machine guns repelled down and ran after everyone else.