The Black Vulture: Chapter Five (Photo of Kyle)

Começar do início

I must kill a Wizard.

Suddenly, I ran into someone, causing us both to lose our balance.

"Hey! Watch where you're--" The voice was oddly familiar. It was Nathan.

"Sorry." I muttered. I was about to pass through him but he caught my arm.

"What's wrong with you? You look pale." He looked into my eyes. I avoided his gaze.

"None of your business." I yanked my arm away from him.

"Whatever." He said impassively and walked away, not bothering to spare me a glance. I walked back into my room and collapsed on the bed. I closed my eyes for a second, trying to forget everything.

"Audrielle." A voice echoed in my head. It was full of venom and danger. I tried opening my eyes but it wouldn't.

"Is that your name, slave? Pathetic." Miss Margarette appeared in my head, blurry. I tried responding but I couldn't. It was like my mouth was missing.

"This isn't real. All this is happening in your head. When I hurt you, those Wizards would just think you were having a bad dream." With that said, she raised her hand and faced her palm towards me. Green light came out of it and struck me in the chest. I groaned and tried to get up but I immediately froze when I heard snakes hissing.

They started crawling to my body and biting my flesh. I tried screaming but no sound came out of my mouth.

"Hurry up slave. Time is running out. Find the last elemental stone if you want to save your little friend." Miss Margarette reminded me.

"Audrielle! Audrey! Where are you?!" Charlie's voice called out but he was no where to be found.

'Charlie! Are you alright?! Stay alive!' was what I wanted to say. The snakes were slowly creeping up to my face. Its red eyes gleamed before it struck--

I bolted up in the bed, breathing heavily. I looked at my arms but instead of red snake bites, like I was expecting, it was clean and smooth. 

I wrapped my hands around my knees and felt my eyes stinging. I don't want to cry anymore. I bit my lip so hard that it started bleeding.

A life for a life.

I need to end a life of a Wizard in order to save Charlie's.

"Audrielle?" I flinched at the sound of my name. It came from the other side of the door. I stumbled as I tried to open it.

Bree came in with a black bag. "Sorry about earlier, Nathan has problems with...well, everything actually...Anyways, I bought you some clothes!" She excitedly started unpacking the bag and talked continuously. She stopped when she realized my unresponsiveness.

"Is something wrong?" She stared at me with big blue eyes. I shook my head, faking a smile.

"Are you ill?" She walked towards me. Once again, I shook my head.

"Just homesick, that's all." I looked at the floor. Yeah right! I'd rather swim in hot lava than return to the Warlock's hellhole.

"But, this is your home now, is it not?" She smiled sweetly. A pang of guilt shot through me. I quickly looked away.

"Hmm, I know!" Bree snapped her fingers. "Come on, I'll show you something! This'll make you happy, I'm sure of it!" She grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of the room.

"Where are we go--" I tried asking her but I got interrupted by a trail of sparkling white dust.  "What was that?" 

"Perfect! It's lunchtime. The time they show up!" Bree giggled excitedly as her hair flew when another trail of dust passed by us.

"Who?"

"You'll see soon enough." She winked at me. I decided to just go along with her.

Hundreds of students were lining up on the hallways, preparing for lunch. I caught sight of Nathan, the same time he looked up and saw me. Bree dragged me before I could look away.

"Hurry up!" Bree chuckled. We went down the stairs before finally reaching a huge window. She opened it effortlessly and wind gushed in. We walked towards the balcony.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"Now, you jump!" She yelled.

"Wha--" I barely finished my question before she pulled me as we jumped off the balcony. I screamed and started panicking. Is she crazy?! Dying is not gonna make me happy!

"Brianna!" I screamed. "We're doom--" A soft cloud caught our fall. Bree stood up and started running again.

"Come on!" She gestured me to follow her. I sighed as I ran up to the blonde.

"What is it you want to show me?" I gasped. I placed my hands on my knees.

"This." She mumbled. I looked up and saw hundreds of fireflies dancing in the air and leaving trail of dust, like the one we saw earlier. It was even more beautiful because each firefly has its own unique color.

I felt myself smiling from the sight. They were dancing in the air, not a care in the world.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Bree asked.

"Yes." I gasped. I stretched my arm and let a firefly rest on it. I started dancing myself. I could live like this, forever. Forgetting about the rest of the world, not having to--

"Oh great, its the dancing idiot." Nathan came from behind me. I groaned. I was having a fun time and he had to ruin it.

"Nathan!" Bree said. "Stop acting childish!"

"Tss... Tell that to the idiot beside you." He retorted before giving me a devilish smirk.

If I was supposed to kill a Wizard, I've already chosen one.

_____________________________________

A/N: Hey you guys! Sorry if this was short but I haven't uploaded in like, months, so I wanted to give you something like a teaser...so yeah....I hope you enjoyed it, even if it was soooooooo short.

Dedicated to cinderole because her comments are awesome :D :D

Vote, Comment, Fan!