Chapter 25: Love and Lust

"Get up! Get up." Lily scooted in Ashton's room Saturday morning. The sun hadn't shone yet but Lily was all giddy about their trip to Phuket. Ashton groaned while covering his face with pillow. Lily shoves the pillow away from his weak grip and hit him with it on his back. "You goof get up we're going to be late!" Lily yelled and pushed Ashton upside down. Now Ashton pulled the covers up to his face. 

"Ugh! You're so stubborn! Get the hell up or I'm kicking you out of my apartment forever." Lily warned and pulled the cover and dropped it on the floor. She groaned louder when he did not move. Lily absently gaze at his bare arm and her eyes moved to his bare chest and followed all the way down to his toned abs, showing off the perfect V-line. Lily gulped. 

"Are you done checking me out?" Ashton spoke and chuckled. Lily rolled her eyes but her redness betrays her. "Get your butt off there and start moving. We're supposed to be on our way to the airport." Lily snapped. "Now you want to sneak on my butt. Wow! I never knew you were the curious one." Ashton laughed and stood up. Lily smacked his arm. 

"Get. Moving." Lily moaned. "Okay okay." Ashton said holding up his hands in defeat. Lily went back to her room and gets her small trolley. She waited for Ashton at the door and called him once again. Ashton walked out of his room in his pants and plain navy blue shirt and a rucksack on his back. Lily's phone rang and she picked up. 

"Let's go. They're waiting." She mouthed to Ashton.

~

They arrived at the airport of Phuket after 6-8 hours flight and they will spend another 1 and a half hour ride to their hotel. "Wow! I can smell the fun!" Zeed yelped. The group went inside the tour bus; Lily booked, exclusively for them. "Reserve the back row for me!" Larry yelled when they get inside of the bus. Lily followed Gabby inside and sat next to her. Ashton sat with the guys at the back row. They hadn't talked much since they left Venheighs. A part of her felt happy that she's traveling again. And a part of her wishes she was with her girlfriends. And a part of her wishes she would feel happy with the company of a guy. It seemed to be a good thought but then she knew it wasn't anything more and that shouldn't even be a problem.

When they reached their hotel, Lily and Gabby decided to sun bathe while the other girls plunged into the pool. Ashton went with them along with the guys, not to sun bathe but scuba dive. Lily introduced Ashton to her colleagues (some of which she doesn't truly know) when they met at the airport. And Ashton being the nice guy seemed to go along with them. If Lily played it well for the rest of the group; she had a bit strenuous explaining her relationship with Ashton to Gabby. Lily explained her purest of intentions that she has truly, completely have no feelings for Ashton despite the facts in front of her that he is much into her. Gabby told her that it was either she is too naïve, or too blind to see, or too sophisticated. 

Lily wearily explained that Ashton didn't approach her for her to draw some conclusions about them. She knew herself well that she doesn't need heartbreak, and wise enough not to commit the same mistakes as before. She assumed that since Ashton did not confess his feeling, if there is any, for her they're only completely friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And one of the things Lily hold on to is not to settle for anything less and/or something short term only kind of relationship. She learned a lot from her bad relationships before. And now she doesn't want love or relationship to be precise to meddle in her way to reach her dreams. 

Her dream is the only thing that keeps her going and that's what she only need to focus on. Gabby stopped asking more questions to her when she felt Lily was a bit pissed on the things she accused her of. And for the rest of their ride they did not talk any relationship or Ashton sort of topic.