Chapter 4: What I know

It doesn't take other people even Ashton to say and let her know how beautiful she is. She believes in herself that she is beautiful, even before others can approve. She's not being boastful or overconfident about her beauty; she just knows that she is enough.

Lily looked at him and asked. "Are you hitting on me?"

Ashton laughed and replied smiling. "Am I?" Lily chuckled

"Yes, I believe you are." She replied and stared back again at the night sky. He chuckled.

"How'd you know?" He asked teasingly.

"Isn't it obvious? You've been following me." Lily started to walk and looked for a spot to sat down and Ashton follower her.

"See you are really following me." Lily chuckled and sat down on the bench instead and took another sip of the beer.

"Why are you even out here?" She asked.

He smiled and answered, "Some place is better if shared by two." He thought a small sweet talk would lead somewhere.

"Oh really? That's overrated. Spare me the cheesy lines please. That's the last thing I wanna hear tonight." Lily shrugged.

The smile on Ashton's face dropped. She's not an easy woman he thought. "I wanted to get some air. That's all." He replied plainly trying not to start a fire.

And then there again was silence between them. Not awkward. Not even did they felt the urge to talk. The cold air that envelops them and perfect spot to just think, despite of the car noise in the city and foggy air coming out from the establishments is enough. The silence is enough.

Lily thought deep about her career. What would happen to her in the future? Will she ever achieve her dreams? Will someone would be there for her as she fulfills those dreams? She smirked at the thought that the guy next to her is just like every other guy could be. He's all no good for her. She knows exactly how guys would be around her, the way they see and treat her like some toy to play. "All guys are the same." That's what she always says and reminds herself. First they get to hit on her and lead her on until they got what that want, and then when they got what they want they leave her. She wanted to get rid of him immediately before Ashton can do anything to her, tonight or sooner.

"Can you get me another round, please?" Lily said to Ashton. The tests are real even before he knows it. "Now look who's asking for favors. Are we close?" He laughed as he mocked her.

"Whatever. I'll get it on my own." She was about to go down from the bench.

"I'll get it for you." He said. "Whatever." Lily stood up and patted his back.

"Nice try." She said along the way going back inside of the room.

"Lily! Where have you been? I've been looking for you." Tara approached her.

"Just went out to get some air. I'll just go grab a beer." Lily replied.

"You don't gonna need one. There'll be more of it tonight. C'mon let's play a game. We're justice about to start." Tara beamed.

"Awesome! I'm kinda bored." Lily moaned.

"You're easily bored." Tara commented.

They were all in their small living room forming a circle. "Alright we're gonna play kings." Tara announced.