Chapter 5: See you again

Things happened at the right time. But something's doesn't happen the way you want it to be. And it always, always happened for a reason.

------------

Lily retouched her make up on the rear mirror of her car and reassessed her peach button-up top and black blazer. She smiled and checked herself at the mirror for the very last time and carried her portfolio.

She entered the large glass door of the building and went to the front desk. "Good morning ma'am. How may I help you?" The blonde girl greeted her cheerfully.

"Hi. What floor is the office of the HR?" Lily replied and smiled.

"It's on the 8th floor then go straight from the left and then turn right. Are you a new employee here?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. Thank you Jane." Lily replied and smiled as she read the name of the lady's name plate pinned on the left side of her chest. "Have a great day!" She waved at her.

Lily entered the empty elevator and pushed the 8 button. Today is Lily's first day at work in Prada. She held her portfolio tightly, feeling nervous and excited at the same time. As the elevator doors were opened she walked through the hallway to the HR's office. Lily breathed in and out as she knocked and opened the door.

"Good morning Ma'am. I'm Lily Rose Parker." Lily greeted and extended her hand for a shake.

"Please take a seat miss Parker."

There was short orientation and meeting about the rules and procedures of the company and also for the project Lily is part of. She was also introduced to the head of the designing team. And then she was directed to her desk on the 6th floor as the designing department.

"So now the next season is up and we have a new member of the team. This is Miss Parker. I expect a good relationship amongst you." Miss Sanchez introduced her to the rest of the team. They greeted her with smiles and returned to whatever they're working.

"Suit yourself in here Miss Parker. Meetings for the new collection will be announced ASAP." Miss Sanchez said directed to Lily.

"Thank you Miss Sanchez." Lily responded cheerfully at her boss. Lily looked at the place and her heart is filled with joy. She has now a desk of her own and a dream close to reach.

Lily placed her pencil and pens and other drawing materials down at her desk, arranging and segregating each of their kind. She placed her sketch pad inside the drawer and opened the computer. Although it's convenient to design on the computer but she prefer keeping them in her sketch pad.

Lily began scanning for photos of the previous year's summer collection over the computer. She continued working for a few hours.

"Miss Parker how was your first day so far?" Miss Sanchez asked Lily as she was walking entering the room.

"It's good Miss. Thank you for asking." Lily replied politely.